Hello. I apologize for not showing any contribution to your forums but, I am here because I am confident that you guys are the only ones who can help. Before this issue first occurred I was having some non responsive programs so I restarted my CPU. Upon restart it went to a blue screen that says STOP: c0000135{Unable To Locate Component} This application has failed to start because basexet32 was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. My computer is totally unresponsive after this. I have an xp cd that is xp home edition and my CPU is xp media center edition. My CPU didn't come with an xp cd. It has an image of the original OS but there is no repair option. Might the right file be on the xp cd I do have? Thanks for your time. I appreciate your help.
My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
This doesn't appear to be a malware issue. I suggest you post in the Windows Forum for help by the Tech Team.