ajfcrf
Topic Starter
Hi,
I bought a new pc around december 2008. I am running vista premium 64 bit. I had a virus pop up on my microtrend software. I ran a scan and it found nothing. I downloaded avast free homeedition. It restarted pc and ran a scan. Saying it got a trogen virus. It said to move to chest I tried and it said it was too big. I have over a terabite of harddrive space? Avast seemed to eventually remove trojan? I uninstalled mico trend trial version as I heard more then one virus program can conflict. I also use ad-ware. All scans by both programs come up without virus detected. pc runs fine now, but I have heard the vius could still be there. Ran high jack this today on advice from a friend looked confusing so I saved log and closed program until I could get someone who knows what the highjack this log means.
Other question is that My other old pc still in use had a virus on windows xp home edition upgrade previous M.E.. I wiped the harddrive and reinstalled xp clean install. Wondering if that always gets rid of a virus? I still use that pc for my kids? It runs fairly slow not sure if it is just because cause it is old or still infected. Kids have been limited to neflicks and pbs kids.com all other sites are password protected. Wife does download games on occasion to play with them.
Main concern is new pc.
thanks,
Jim
Edit:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/virus_still_…593#entry552593
I bought a new pc around december 2008. I am running vista premium 64 bit. I had a virus pop up on my microtrend software. I ran a scan and it found nothing. I downloaded avast free homeedition. It restarted pc and ran a scan. Saying it got a trogen virus. It said to move to chest I tried and it said it was too big. I have over a terabite of harddrive space? Avast seemed to eventually remove trojan? I uninstalled mico trend trial version as I heard more then one virus program can conflict. I also use ad-ware. All scans by both programs come up without virus detected. pc runs fine now, but I have heard the vius could still be there. Ran high jack this today on advice from a friend looked confusing so I saved log and closed program until I could get someone who knows what the highjack this log means.
Other question is that My other old pc still in use had a virus on windows xp home edition upgrade previous M.E.. I wiped the harddrive and reinstalled xp clean install. Wondering if that always gets rid of a virus? I still use that pc for my kids? It runs fairly slow not sure if it is just because cause it is old or still infected. Kids have been limited to neflicks and pbs kids.com all other sites are password protected. Wife does download games on occasion to play with them.
Main concern is new pc.
thanks,
Jim
Edit:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/virus_still_…593#entry552593