I had a virus on my computer about a week ago called something like "Windows Vista 2011 Home Virus Protection". It kept any internant website from opening and kept asking for credit card information and paypal info, very sketch-ily, may I add (like no copyright info and such). Looked it up and asked around and found out that it was a Trojan virus. I just turned on my computed again to try and solve the problem and volia! I can open up internet explorer and log onto google and all other websites and even just bought Norton Anti Virus and am in the process of installing it. I am, however, very sucipicous of the fact that it seemed to go away after a reboot. I know this can solve some computer issues, but a virus? Seems sketchy. Does anyone know how to check my computer for traces of the virus and possibly get rid of it? Thank you!
Also, the infected computer has been running slowly since about December and is only 3 years old. It would be awesome if I could get it running at a decent speed for at least another year. Help?
Thank you thank you!
My name is NoodleTech. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use tools such as ComboFix without supervision.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clean.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
When done, DDS.txt will open.
After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scrolling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.