VirtualPC
3 min read
I think you can safely assume that nothing will happen to your real system.
If it is set up properly. I don't know the software you mention. But I do use a
virtual system from time to time, named Returnil.
Easiest way to determine if something would happen, is to install a program.
Search for the programs name in registry. Once determined that the reg.keys
are in place, reboot / remove virtualization or whatever you have to do to remove
the virtual enviroment. Reboot and search once again for those reg.keys.
Cheers
Hi Acuena
I think you can safely assume that nothing will happen to your real system.
If it is set up properly. I don't know the software you mention. But I do use a
virtual system from time to time, named Returnil.
Easiest way to determine if something would happen, is to install a program.
Search for the programs name in registry. Once determined that the reg.keys
are in place, reboot / remove virtualization or whatever you have to do to remove
the virtual enviroment. Reboot and search once again for those reg.keys.
Cheers
OK, thanks for the info, I got a BSOD when trying VirtualPC so I uninstalled it. Shall investigate Returnil
Shall investigate Returnil
If you need any pointers or need to have something explained regarding
Returnil, you just ask away, and I'll try to answer to the best of my
knowledge
Cheers
VirtualBox is another virtualization tool. There is a free version for non-commercial and strictly personal use.
VirtualBox worked like a charm
As I am writting this I am instaling Win XP on it. It looks pretty strange when instaling to have my "real" pc XP in the background at the same time.
Thx for the help
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI