This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

updates after sp3

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently fromatted/reinstalled my xp home sp3. I noticed the many updates since sp3. Is there a way to burn these updates to cd(?size) or a 2 GB flash drive to avoid having to order sp4 from M.S. if one exists(?cost)? Thank you
Hello Pete. There doesn't exist something like Windows XP (SP4) so I am afraid you will have to manually download updates post SP3. I don't think it is possible to save updates on your hard drive but I did stumble upon the following Knowledge Base article after a brief search.

How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog

Please try to download an update and see if that works as intended. Let us know the results though. Good Luck.

– Mohit
Hello I tried it but had a hard time discerning which were post sp3. I think it is best to do as you say. Thank you for letting me know there is no sp4 + helping me figure my options for the next reformat (groan).
Hello I do appreciate the referral but it is way over my head. I noticed it refers to 'Professional' + I have Home. I have discussed slipstreaming before and it is not something for average users to try. Even w/o slipstreaming, I think I could do more harm than good. Thank you for writing

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI