This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Replacing power supply on Dell desktop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Please don't laugh! My vintage 2000 Dell Dimension L needs a new power supply. I found a source (911forpcs.com) for a replacement which states that it is an upgrade to 400w, but how do I really know that it is indeed compatible or are power supplies fairly generic? I am concerned about the connecting wire compatibility too. Lastly, has anyone had experience with or heard of these guys? Recommend a reliable source? TIA

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI