What the Tech Community
Whoa
2 min read
itsme
Topic Starter
So after being here a couple days, one thing I've noticed is that a lot of members are Microsoft MVP's. I wasn't really around when they were awarded it, but I thought it was really cool, and reflects well on this forum.
I wanted to congratulate all of those people, since I wasn't here to before. 
Abydos
Yes, there are a "few" around. I had the same feeling when I first joined this excellent site.
Thinking, what am I doing here, feeling puny and out of place
Now when I've come to learn a few of them better, they really are like normal people…sometimes
Edit: A quick search for "MVP" in member signature, gives this result: http://forums.whatthetech.com/member_list….p;signature=MVP
Thinking, what am I doing here, feeling puny and out of place
Now when I've come to learn a few of them better, they really are like normal people…sometimes
Edit: A quick search for "MVP" in member signature, gives this result: http://forums.whatthetech.com/member_list….p;signature=MVP
paws
We are very fortunate (I would say blessed) to have many experts who so willingly share their expertise and time on this great forum of ours.
Many of the experts have been "officially" recognised for the excellence of their skills, knowledge and good works they perform, together with the overall contributions they make to the community and have been awarded the designation of Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and this accolade is, quite rightly, respected world wide.
Search results can sometimes be incomplete… and whilst running an eye over them (alas only very quickly) I found the search tool had made some ommissions…..not least being that of LDTate who provides such tremendous support, encouragement and expertise to us all on WTT
Abydos
Ouchy, shame on me for forgetting LDT
But then again, it was only a quick search on their signature. Don't think
LDT have it in his sig. but only under his Avatar. Same goes for Metallica
I think. And probably some more I can't think of right now.
And yes, we are very fortunate.
Cheers
LDTate
I'm not sure how current that is any more. There are some listed that aren't current MVP's.Yes, there are a "few" around. I had the same feeling when I first joined this excellent site.
Thinking, what am I doing here, feeling puny and out of place![]()
Now when I've come to learn a few of them better, they really are like normal people…sometimes
Edit: A quick search for "MVP" in member signature, gives this result: http://forums.whatthetech.com/member_list….p;signature=MVP
You can't always find the person you're looking for by their real name but here's the link for the 94 current ones:
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communiti…nsumer+Security
Tashi is more up to date then I am on who is and who isn't.
There's nothing wrong with past MVP's having that included in their signature but they should show the year / years they were.
At WTT I only use the MVP logo under my avatar like some others do.
Abydos
Thanks for clearing that up LDT
As said, searched only for signature, so I knew it wouldn't be complete.
Cheers
Trevuren
To add a little note to LD's statement which is entirely correct, the logo can not be displayed by an individual whose award is no longer current. The award cycles are from 1 April to 31 March.There's nothing wrong with past MVP's having that included in their signature but they should show the year / years they were.
At WTT I only use the MVP logo under my avatar like some others do.
Raktor
The award cycles are from 1 April to 31 March.
April Fools; Trevuren got awarded it again?