Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

How Do I Download Hijackthis Onto A Floppy Disc?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stephmz

stephmz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:23 years old

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:45 AM

I need to download hijackthis onto a floppy disc so my friend can use the hijackthis on her computer, but i don't know how to download it onto a floppy disc. to be honest i've never downloaded anything onto any kind of disc. i was also wondering if a floppy disc can hold more than just one thing, like can i download adaware and spybot onto it too, or will i need a separate disc for each one? please help, my friends computer is so messed up right now that she can't even get to this website to post any questions herself, and she can't get to any sites to run any kind of scans on it either, so this is really the only other thing i can think of other than for her to take it to a shop and get it fixed. i'm so sorry about this question, i know how dumb i must seem, i'm just obviously not that good with computers.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:36 AM

No such thing as a "dumb question"!! :)

First, put a 3.5" floppy disk in your PC. That is "Drive A:".

Now, click the link in my signature that says "Hijack This!".

A menu should appear on your screen asking what you want to do.

Click "Save".

Another menu appears. It should have "My Computer" on the left side. Click "My Computer".

Then the menu should change to show you all the drives on your pc.

Double click the "3-1/2 Floppy (A:)".

Then click "Save".

When if finishes downloading, Click "Close".

Then it is safe to take the floppy out and to your friends PC.

When you get there, put the floppy in the infected PC.

Go to: Start > My Computer > Then double click the "3-1/2(A:)" icon.

Then double click on "Hijack This!". The program should run.

If it won't run. Try renaming it.

To rename it, right-click on Hijack This!

One of the options in the menu that comes up is "Rename".

Then change the name to "test.exe". After renaming it, double click it and try to run it again.

Don't do the "Rename" unless it will not run. Some severe infections prevent the PC from running a program named "Hijack This.exe".

Hopefully we will be able to fix enough things with Hijack This! so the person can at least get online.

I hope this helps. :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:52 AM

stephmz, The above instructions are for XP. Since you have '98, the things you see on the screen may vary slightly from what I have described. I don't have enough experience on a '98 system to know how much your exact procedure will vary from what I have outlined. I apologize for my '98 inexperience. I hope I have gotten the directions close enough that you will be able to successfully download it to a floppy, take it to your friends PC, get a log file saved on the floppy and bring it back to your machine to be posted in this forum. :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

#4 Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

Another thought.... If you already have Hijack This! on your machine, just insert a floppy into your pc, navigate to the "Hijack This.exe" file on your machine using windows explorer. Right-click on "Hijack This.exe". One of the options that pops up is "Send to". And a "sub option" of that is "3-1/2 Floppy (A:)". That may be an easier way to get it to a floppy. :)