Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Please help w/internet connection,possibly redirect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shherry

Shherry

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hi,
I would greatly appreciate some help!

I had that sysguard malware on my computer. I think I have completely removed that and from registry but I cannot get on the internet using internet explorer.

It seems maybe it is being redirected but I don't think from the sysguard any longer. Maybe I have another malware? And if it is being redirected, how can I find it and get rid of it?

I think I may have accidentally uninstalled IE and cannot seem to get it back again. I've tried everything.

If I can't get onto the internet how can I reinstall IE or update my version. I cannot do a windows update. I can't open my task manager. Seems my computer is a complete mess! And if I can't get on the internet how could I download that malware remover listed under the malware topic?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hi Shherry, welcome to WTT.

How are you posting here? You must have access to another computer, so you can download FireFox to the computer you are using then copy it to a flash drive or burn it to CD and take it to the other computer, then install it there.

You can then use FireFox to access the internet.

But, before you do that, please try the following:

Click on Start then Run, type iexplore and press Enter or click OK.

If IE is still on your computer, that will start it. If that works, you can open My Computer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer, then right click on iexplore.exe, click on Send to then select Desktop. That will place a link to IE on your Desktop again. You can rename it to Internet Explorer if you want.

When you get IE or FireFox working, go to the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 5 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatth...ays_t78698.html

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Shherry

Shherry

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

Thank you very much for replying!!

It is actually my mother's computer. My teen decided to download all kinds of junk like frostwire, moviesister, limewire, etc. and I think this is what caused all the problems to begin with.

Thanks .. I didn't think of using the flash drive. I will try all that you said.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

Okay, please post back with results. From what you say has been installed on that computer, it is almost certainly infected with malware.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown