This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need advice on graphics software

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello All,

Guys I am a newbie and I do not hold much knowledge about graphic designing software. Actually I am looking forward to buy graphic software for my daughter who is much interested in this topic and is looking forward to build her future in the same field.
I searched it on internet and came across these two software but I am unable to decide which one would suite her best. Adobe illustrator CS4 and corel draw graphics suite X4. I don’t want to ask her as I want it to be a surprise. So guys please help me pick the right software for her.

Edit: Hi JadeBaker,

Adobe Illustrator CS4 and Corel Draw Graphics Suite X4 are both well recognized application softwares.
It is not necessary to include a link to a commercial site selling these softwares.
In fact, it can be misinterpreted as endorsement and advertising of a paid product or vendor.
We don't do that here at WTT.

No harm, No foul. You are a first time poster and have included the link apparently to illustrate your interest.
I removed it, since we can recognize the topic of your interest without the advertising part.

I hope your daughter enjoys her surprise.

Thanks,
Doug
Hello JadeBaker,

I am sorry your post has been missed, we do apologize.

Allot would depend you the age of your daughter, her experience with graphics software and your budget of course so it is hard with so little information to guide you further.

However, I would be inclined to go with http://www.ecostsoftware.com/corel/corel-d…-suite-x4_p3529 if I had to choose one or the other.

Let us know more detail if you would like further opinions as others will come by to assist.

kind regards,
I've used both products (older versions). Corel Draw suite has always been my favorite and I have been more efficient using it. However, Adobe Illustrator is certainly more "mainstream." In the case of Corel Draw, there may be some issues where the file needs to be converted or exported to a different file type so that you can share the file with someone else. Such as a printing company, or something like that. In my opinion, Corel is more intuitive than Adobe.
I rely a lot on Adobe Photoshop for some graphic design. Illustrator is a very similar product and probably more what you are looking for. One thing I would like to recommend is a powerful open source design program called Gimp. It is 100% free and is almost identical to Photoshop. So if you need to save some dollars check it out… www.gimp.org Thanks, Missouri Mobile
That's wonderful she is interested in the graphic design field! I'm a freelance graphic designer and I would have to go with any of the Adobe products. The basic design program that is essential when beginning is Photoshop. Once she get's familiar with that then buy Illustrator. For her to know both those programs would be a great start in the right direction!…… Hope that helps!
I agree with bbernadettee in that Photoshop is also an excellent graphic design product, and I personally use it regularly. However it is not cheap. BUT if your daughter is enrolled in a school/college/university and you can prove it by getting a letter from the establishment confirming your daughter is enrolled at the given placed you can get up to 80% off on Adobe products, see here for more info: http://www.adobe.com/education/ . Amazon and the adobe website are both good places to look for student versions of the products.

EDIT: I did not realise how old this thread when replying. I shall leave my post there though incase others find it and it answers their question.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI