This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

corel painter X versus photoshop!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Not a big graphic artist but isn't Illustrator Adobe's tool of choice when it comes to stuff like that? The last time I worked with Photoshop (several version back) it was a photo editing program but they could have easily added a gazillion features by now :lol:

I use GIMP but only for editing the picture I take with my old D50 :P
Hopefully it works out for you. Another program you can try out is Inkscape. It's similar to other vector graphics software but it's opensource. If you'd like to use the software used by professionals it is widely believed to be Adobe's department.

Hopefully others can give us some more suggestions on Photoshop vs Painter.
I played around with PS CS3 and to me I like that one, but I am not a real hard core photo person to give ya all the bells and whistles so to speak.
IMO opinion its whatever you like best. I have found working with Corel frustrating because I have no Idea how to use it so it could sway my judgment but thing is, Corel is much more tedious and its hard to import jpegs and it saves all your work as a native corel file. I have ran across some cool features I haven't seen in Photoshop. Photoshop to me seems much more user friendly (i have a newbie background on it).
I use the latest Photoshop CS6 and have also used earlier editions. Long ago I tried out Gimp and several other photo editors, but was never happy with any of them for long. Paired to a Graphics Tablet and pen you can do anything with PS, but if you don't intend on getting a tablet, you probably would be wasting your money on the very powerful PS.


If you do a fair bit of photo editing or graphic work (and use a tablet), PS is well worth the $$$. The learning curve is not so steep as for anything you need to do there are plenty of "how to" videos and written step-by-step instructions all over the web specifically for PS …something you won't find for any other photo editing software.

For moderate editing without a tablet, PS's little brother Elements 11 is a cheaper way to go and is pretty cool, has great tools and features but without some of the bells and whistles of PS.

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI