Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

corel painter X versus photoshop!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

hey all! What would you prefer for Digital art projects Corel Painter X versus Photoshop?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Overbooked

Overbooked

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

Not a big graphic artist but isn't Illustrator Adobe's tool of choice when it comes to stuff like that? The last time I worked with Photoshop (several version back) it was a photo editing program but they could have easily added a gazillion features by now :lol:

I use GIMP but only for editing the picture I take with my old D50 :P
Thank you, Overbooked

#3 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

thanks for your suggestion and good to know a new software. I hope it is going to work fine with me :)

#4 Overbooked

Overbooked

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

Hopefully it works out for you. Another program you can try out is Inkscape. It's similar to other vector graphics software but it's opensource. If you'd like to use the software used by professionals it is widely believed to be Adobe's department.

Hopefully others can give us some more suggestions on Photoshop vs Painter.
Thank you, Overbooked

#5 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

I played around with PS CS3 and to me I like that one, but I am not a real hard core photo person to give ya all the bells and whistles so to speak.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#6 Brinks

Brinks

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

IMO opinion its whatever you like best. I have found working with Corel frustrating because I have no Idea how to use it so it could sway my judgment but thing is, Corel is much more tedious and its hard to import jpegs and it saves all your work as a native corel file. I have ran across some cool features I haven't seen in Photoshop. Photoshop to me seems much more user friendly (i have a newbie background on it).

#7 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I use the latest Photoshop CS6 and have also used earlier editions. Long ago I tried out Gimp and several other photo editors, but was never happy with any of them for long. Paired to a Graphics Tablet and pen you can do anything with PS, but if you don't intend on getting a tablet, you probably would be wasting your money on the very powerful PS.

If you do a fair bit of photo editing or graphic work (and use a tablet), PS is well worth the $$$. The learning curve is not so steep as for anything you need to do there are plenty of "how to" videos and written step-by-step instructions all over the web specifically for PS ...something you won't find for any other photo editing software.

For moderate editing without a tablet, PS's little brother Elements 11 is a cheaper way to go and is pretty cool, has great tools and features but without some of the bells and whistles of PS.

Cheers,
Lee

Edited by Lee, 10 February 2013 - 10:12 PM.

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.