This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

designing a Logo

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hey friends! as i am not much aware of these designing, so i will be asking a little favor from you guys. Please tell me software for beginners where i may design a LOGO for my local association. I need a LOGO soon. Thanks
That question is much broader than I think you realize. :pullhair:

Logo's can be made using the Paint program that came with your computer, as well as Word (or other word processing programs) and Excel (or other spreadsheet programs)

However, I'll give you two ideas:

If you are wanting to manipulate some pictures or pre-existing graphics files… then you might look at Paint.net. Essentially, it is a photo editing program but you can do alot with it.

If you are looking to "draw" something clean… my preference is for CAD type programs. You might look at DraftSight.

Both of these are pretty powerful free programs. There are a myriad of others.
hey Tomk! you made my day by helping me so generously, I am so grateful. I have got both of these softwares and now i am On it design some Logo. It seems all my burden has fallen away :) thanks
You could also download a trial of Adobe Photoshop…there are hundreds of tutorials on the net on how to use that product and how to create simple effects to make a really sweet logo! :)
It is best to design logos in vector graphic design software so that they can be re sized as big or as small as you want without losing quality.

You could also download a trial of Adobe Photoshop…there are hundreds of tutorials on the net on how to use that product and how to create simple effects to make a really sweet logo! :)


Adobe Photoshop is my best option to practice graphic design ^_^ (I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, I've made lots of logos with it). I think GIMP can help too, since it's becoming popular.
I actually just use flash. You can easily import vectors to edit, or make your own. Flash is also really easy to use, and even though it is for animation, making detailed still images isn't too hard.

The best free software i would recommend is Paint.net . But if you want to spend the money, or signup for a free trial, go for Photoshop. You can watch a few beginners videos on YouTube and pick it up fairly quick

@paws I didn't realize it was a 3 year old topic since somone just replied to it so it was pushed to the top of the list…I dont look to see when the topic was started.

Flash is also really easy to use, and even though it is for animation, making detailed still images isn't too hard. If you are wanting to manipulate some pictures or pre-existing graphics files.. Essentially, it is a photo editing program but you can do alot with it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI