Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

designing a Logo

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

hey friends! as i am not much aware of these designing, so i will be asking a little favor from you guys. Please tell me software for beginners where i may design a LOGO for my local association. I need a LOGO soon. Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

That question is much broader than I think you realize. :pullhair:

Logo's can be made using the Paint program that came with your computer, as well as Word (or other word processing programs) and Excel (or other spreadsheet programs)

However, I'll give you two ideas:

If you are wanting to manipulate some pictures or pre-existing graphics files... then you might look at Paint.net. Essentially, it is a photo editing program but you can do alot with it.

If you are looking to "draw" something clean... my preference is for CAD type programs. You might look at DraftSight.

Both of these are pretty powerful free programs. There are a myriad of others.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

hey Tomk! you made my day by helping me so generously, I am so grateful. I have got both of these softwares and now i am On it design some Logo. It seems all my burden has fallen away :) thanks

#4 Hemal

Hemal

Homepage Editor

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

You could also download a trial of Adobe Photoshop...there are hundreds of tutorials on the net on how to use that product and how to create simple effects to make a really sweet logo! :)

#5 ezooone

ezooone

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hello.. Try AAA logo..It is really simple software.. :)

#6 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

It is best to design logos in vector graphic design software so that they can be re sized as big or as small as you want without losing quality.

#7 Stargon

Stargon

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Web & Graphic Design

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

You could also download a trial of Adobe Photoshop...there are hundreds of tutorials on the net on how to use that product and how to create simple effects to make a really sweet logo! :)

Adobe Photoshop is my best option to practice graphic design ^_^ (I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, I've made lots of logos with it). I think GIMP can help too, since it's becoming popular.
Stargon
Graphic & Web Designer (HTML & CSS only)

#8 AceOfBlades

AceOfBlades

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Comp Sci, UI Design, MineCraft, AI

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

I actually just use flash. You can easily import vectors to edit, or make your own. Flash is also really easy to use, and even though it is for animation, making detailed still images isn't too hard.
~The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese~

#9 mike_branco

mike_branco

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

The best free software i would recommend is Paint.net . But if you want to spend the money, or signup for a free trial, go for Photoshop. You can watch a few beginners videos on YouTube and pick it up fairly quick

#10 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

@mike_branco

As you are responding to a 3 year old topic .... I have reviewed your posts and have removed the active link from your signature

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#11 mike_branco

mike_branco

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

@paws I didn't realize it was a 3 year old topic since somone just replied to it so it was pushed to the top of the list...I dont look to see when the topic was started.

#12 mail2ramkumar90

mail2ramkumar90

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:20 AM

Flash is also really easy to use, and even though it is for animation, making detailed still images isn't too hard. If you are wanting to manipulate some pictures or pre-existing graphics files.. Essentially, it is a photo editing program but you can do alot with it.

Edited by mail2ramkumar90, 17 June 2015 - 01:21 AM.