Hey from Music City USA,
I'm old, retired, and slow with computers. I'm feeling stupid, since my wife and I let this malware in thinking it was from Microsoft. This is my first ever posting to a forum, so I don't know the rules or the terms. If I do something wrong or offend someone, please give me a long distance kick and I will learn. Right now I don't know what "bumping a thread" means, I'm sure going to find out.
I've started doing banking and Investing online so this thing has me worried.
I hope to solve this problem, then go on to add to my security programs. Heck, I have a print out I made 12/08/08 of the programs Abydos and tallin use. It's time to follow through.
At present I use Avast AV and ZoneAlarm. My browser is Firefox and email is Gmail.
Well I'm off to the "read this" link at the top of the page, to follow the instructions there. Hope that doesn't lead to two threads as mentioned as a no no.
I will say thanks in advance, and hope I can keep up with terminology.
Ya'll have a great day,
billed
Never mind about thinking you are old and retired, so many of our volunteers are mature in years. as you are most welcome to post your issue as you have done.
I suggest you follow this link for New Members and post a HJT log to the correct forum.
Once a Malware fighter has cleared your posted log of Malware, then you can use the links in my signature to assist you in downloading and installing the correct programs to keep your system safe.
Once you follow the above link do not answer your own log as Malware fighters look for unanswered logs. Answering them is called "bumping".
If you have not had a reply in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here
As you can see there are a huge number of logs waiting for replies as there are more logs than volunteers to answer them, but hopefully yours when posted will be attended to soon.
Hi billed and welcome.
You made a wise decision to join this forum. The people who help here are very patient and understanding: they welcome and help all, regardless of experience or age.
Everyone has to start somewhere. Hang in there and the people here will sort your computer problems, I'm sure.
Click around on some of the links as there is a lot of good reading with plenty of tips to help improve your computer knowledge.
Good luck.
Satchfan