This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hide Icons from Notification Tray

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay, I've googled and googled. Here's the situation. My mother owns her own business, and there seems to be a thief. Now I've already installed a keylogger to monitor the system, however, I would like to install a security camera to record straight to the hard drive. The only program I seem to have found, that will record from the webcam to the hard drive is MS Timershot, however this does not have the capability to save a video stream. Now here are my questions: 1) Is there a program which will record a video stream from this webcam? Also, is it possible for it to record in the background? 2) If it cannot record in the background, or if I must use MS Timershot (which is unfortunate cause then I just have a bunch of pictures every 1 seconds…) is there a way to hide only ONE program from the notification area? I have googled a lot, and all I seem to get is how to completely remove the notification area, except this is not very useful at all, seeing as I need to be able to go into the notification area to view the keylogger. Let me know. Ps. It would be very nice to find a program which will record a webcam feed to my hard drive, whether in the background or not, I cannot seem to find this. Thank you! François Forrest
Take a look at this site here: http://www.webcamrecorder.com/ it seems to cover some of the things that you are wanting to do with the web cam as a Surveillance System. They even offer a free trial so that you can try the program out to see if it meets your needs. That is a paid software.

If you are looking for a freeware you can check out this site: http://www.yawcam.com/download.php . It's a freeware program and it only works with Windows.

In regards to the hiding just one program from the notification area you can take a look at this tutorial here: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76913-no…-customize.html

Hope this helps.

SweetTech.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI