Hi there,
I am getting an error when I try to install the above. I have tried it a couple of times. In the error message it says that you can disable the BIOS memory options , caching or shadowing. I couldn't find these in any of the BIOS settings. Help!!!
Rog
Hello,
According to the research that I just did the PFN List corrupt error that you are receiving when trying to install Windows XP Media Center 2005 has something to do with a bad RAM stick or a bad hard drive. At least that's what I've been able to find on the net regarding this issue. They all say the same thing. They basically say to run a memtest on your computer. You can download the memtest program from here: http://www.memtest.org/ . Here's a tutorial for the memtest: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html that shows you step by step how to preform the memtest on your computer. I'm also going to give you a link for the Hard Drive Self Diagnosis tools that can be found here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287