This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Explorer Application Error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Often when I close an internet explorer window, I get an error message that reads "The instruction at "0x0309b95b" referenced memory at "0x031d20a0". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program." I am running Internet Explorer version 6 on Windows XP, SP3. This error message does not interfere with the running of IE, but usually occurs when I close the program. If anyone has any suggestions, please pass them along. Thanks!!
My guess would be an Add-on is causing the problem. Start IE without Add-ons and see if it still happens. Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). If it doesn't happen, start IE normally, then click on Tools, Manage Add-ons and disable them a few at a time and close IE till you find the culprit, then uninstall it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI