This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] cannot install Kaspersky IS 2009

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! This is my girlfriend's computer. She has been using this pc and accessing the internet without any antivirus software. Flash drives are inserted every now and then. This pc contains a lot of malwares especially viruses, I think. I have tried to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, but the installer ends without prompting anything. This might be caused by the virus. I have also tried to start this machine in Safe Mode. Still, the same outcome. What can you suggest? Her siblings need their files, but no backup. I can't just reformat the harddisk. What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI