This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Checkup for computer nothing bad known

31 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Update for Outlook 2003 (KB943649) Security Update for Office 2003 (KB945185) Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432) Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB953432) Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB921598) Security Update for Office 2003 (KB954478) Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB953404) Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB962870) Microsoft Windows XP Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB938127) Problem: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed Solution: To fix the problem, try installing the updates again. If that doesn't work, use the Troubleshooter to try solve the problem. these are the things not getting updated still any ideas?

Good,

It may just need the defrag then to fix the master file table errors.

One other issue..were you able to set a new restore point

Syst restore rstrui.exe is corrupt—- System volume info \_ restore {7f7BE6……..} .. run check disk utility.


an alternate method is this:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "OK".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

If you continue to have issues I suggest you post in the tech forum and see if our tech gurus can assist (they are excellent)

link to this topic so they can see the malware has been cleaned.

Good luck with your finals…

CB

I ran O7O defrag every day at 2 am so I dont think defrag is the issue but I will do as you say to do. I did do a sys restore already from these direction. I felt it was the way I knew so I did it that way.

I ran O7O defrag every day at 2 am so I dont think defrag is the issue but I will do as you say to do. I did do a sys restore already from these direction. I felt it was the way I knew so I did it that way.


That won't be the issue then if you already do that..

I suggest you post a topic in the windows forum and link back to this topic here so they can see what's gone on and that you are clean of malware…the tech gurus may be able to fix your broken services

good luck

CB
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI