This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

low frames per sec

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi
Im having problems with my counter strike source. I caught this thing maybe a month ago called Perfect Defender 2009.
I took my computer to a shop recently and they did a full diagnostics and repair. I just got it yesterday and
everything seems to be working fine but i have the same problem with my counter strike source.

The problem with it is that im getting 10% tickrate of what im supposed to get resulting to me having 10-15 FPS. The Out tick to be more specific.
I thought it was caused by me getting infected by perfect defender 2009 but now that its gone and my computer is virus-free
I just dont know whats wrong with it anymore. I reinstalled the game but still the same.

http://www.counter-strike.com/tickrate.php
Scroll down to the image below the bottom number of the box labeled 5 is the one im talkin about.
if i'm in a 100 tick server that bottom number only goes up from 10-15
when it shud be at or around 100. The top number and everything else is fine.
Hi and welcome to What The Tech!

Did this problem really start at exactly the same moment as you got infected? If so, I would think you are still infected.

Following the link you gave me I found this:

What Should My Client Settings Be?
If you join a 100 tickrate server and your own game's client settings aren't set correctly, then you wont get the benefit of the additional tickrate.

The clients rate should = the servers sv_maxrate

The clients cl_updaterate should = the servers sv_maxupdaterate which equals the servers tickrate.

Thus a server with sv_maxrate 30000 tickrate 100 sv_maxupdaterate 100 the clients should run the following settings:
# rate 30000
# cl_updaterate 100
# cl_cmdrate 100
# cl_interpolate 1
# cl_interp 0.1
# cl_smooth 0

These settings will provide the best client experience for the example server's variables and tickrate settings.

If the server you are joining has different values than the ones above, you'll need to change accordingly. The above information is only an example and may not be the optimum settings for every server.

You have that, right? Just to make sure you can enter those settings again in your console.

Please let us know.

Regards,
John.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI