Hi, I just recently built a new computer mostly for game play and schoolwork . When I play some games like RF and perfect world, I can play on really high settings and low settings and the game would be jagggy when I move around and do the things related to the game. It is not smooth and its choppy and jaggy. However, when i play warcraft 3 frozen throne it is perfectly smooth. Can somebody plz help me fix this problem???? My computer specs are: i7 Core 2.66GHZ, 3x1gb ram Dominator from Corsair DDR3 1600 i believe, X58 EVGA motherboard for the !7 that can support the 1600 memory. I also have ATI radeon 4870. And i am running on windows XP
When I play some games like RF and perfect world, I can play on really high settings and low settings and the game would be jagggy when I move around and do the things related to the game. It is not smooth and its choppy and jaggy.
Does this only happen online or also offline?
Also, has this always been happening with those games or has it started recently? After you installed any new software/drivers/hardware?
Well its been recent when it happens and those games i play don't have an offline option except Warcraft 3 and some games i noticed like Perfect World International, Ether Saga, and Florensia… All online games have mixing pixels. They disappear then reappear again. Its like a 1x1(square) millameter of it disappears and reappears simultaneously. And this doesn't happen in one area but multiple areas. So its like some 1x1 millameter squares of those pixel are missing and reappearing again in different areas with those games. With Warcraft 3 frozen throne and some games like Crossfire (MMOFPS) are perfectly smooothhh…… Can this be my computer??? I play different games because im trying a good game i can stick with so some games are done developing and while others are in CB. I install this built computer like a month ago and i followed the instructions in installing the motherboard with the chipset because it came with the EVGA X58 motherboard. The Cd let me install the drivers for the i7 Core….
Also i have a CD to install the ATI Radeon Graphic card because it came with the package. So there were CDS. One came with the motherboard and the other came with the graphics card.
It could be your computer, the game or the internet connection.
To check if you have all the newest drivers you can use a free program called DriverMax http://www.drivermax.com/
After downloading and installing the software you will have to register it. The DriverMax agent will always run on startup, but you can disable this if you want to. Checking for drivers and installing newer versions if available is a pretty easy job.
You could also try reinstalling one of the games you have problems with. Make sure that you save any configs or user preferences you need. Then uninstall the game using Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. After uninstalling, reboot and see if any files are left there the game was installed. Remove that folder if it still is there. Then reinstall the game.
To see if it is the internet connection you can try running the game with a disabled firewall for once. Make sure that after testing you immediately re-enable the firewall. If you also have problems with browsing or other computers in the same network also have problems with games you can call your ISP and ask if they can test your line.
Please let us know about all the results.
Regards,
John.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI