As the title mentions, I get quite a terrible lag while I play the online game of maplestory. I honestly have no idea what the problem is, therefore I come to you! The minimum and recommended settings of the game are as followed:
Minimum Requirement lll Recommended Setting
OS ::: Windows 98ME/2K/XP lll Windows 98ME/2K/XP
CPU ::: 3-1Ghz lll P 4-1.8Ghz
RAM ::: 128MB lll 256MB
HDD ::: 1.5GB lll 3GB
VGA ::: 3D Acceleration card lll 3D Acceleration card
SOUND ::: N/A 16bit lll Sound Card
NETWORK ::: 56kbps lll Modem Cable/DSL
My Specs (as far as I can tell)
Os : Windows XP
CPU: 2.666GHz
RAM: 1.50 GB
HDD: Max : 74.5 GB Curent: 66.4 GB free
VGA: Asus EAH5450 Series
SOUND: ATI High Definition Audio Device
Thank you for your time.
in my opinion your specs are up to the job, http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.asp…art/Preparation
so if your not getting any noticeable slowdowns with anything else from your isp then i'd think the problem is probably with the game's servers,
so to rule that out, the place i'd start asking questions would be from the games community forum itself:- http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx
they may be been having server problems only they can fix or they may be able to suggest some settings/alternate servers that will fix the lag for you.
if the problems not at their end and you get no joy from them tho, come back here and post a link to your topic there, so we can see what advice they offered.
we'll then get you to run some tests so we can see exactly what's going on with your pc and internet speeds, and see if we can fix your problem for you..
These are the results of my speed test :
Download : 10.55 mb/s
Upload: 2.08 mb/s
The lag is constant throughout the day and has been happening for several months now.
@terry1966
I'll see what I can do about the forum posting, but before I do post anything, I know plenty of people who can run maplestory without any problems at all. I used to be able to run the game quite efficiantly, but now the game just lags for me, while everyone else still plays smoothly. I even upgraded my Video Card but no change whatsoever.
ok if everyone else is using the same server as you without any problems, and your speed test looks good.. high ping times is what usually causes lag and yours is great at 9ms.
then after you've run the tests copy and paste the url of the results into your next post.
don't make the mistake of installing and running pc matic it's the "OverDrive" test we want you to run,
also can make sure you run the tests with an admin account and not a user account in your operating system, that way we can see everything that may be running in the background on your pc.
i think id lower the screen resolution from the 1600x1200 it seems to be running at (maybe a bit high for your cpu and graphic cards performance limits while gaming) and try something as low as 1024x768 to play the game, if you notice it plays much better then maybe you could try a higher setting, but from what i can see i'd say that was your problem.
maybe others can see something i can't tho, but hope that helps.
!600x1200 is only the max. resolution possible, not what it is set at. If it is set that high, your SR recommendation is right
terry1966
A little bit more RAM wouldn't go astray. Apart from that, it's a P4 with an old single core processor and a low end $50 card. Not the best combo for gaming.
Cheers,
Lee