This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Is There A Good Free Popup Program?

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all - I am just sooo sick of those mindless, endless popups when I'm looking for sites on the Internet. :angry: I was wondering if there was a free, bugless program that would stop these stupid things. Any information would be very much appreciated. :)
I know a dude named Tink.. anyway.. Hi Tink- What OS are you using…XP? 2000? if so you might try simply disabling the messenger service.. BUT BE CAREFUL…. services are not ment to be turned off and on, on a whim. Let us know what operating system you are on

I know a dude named Tink.. anyway.. Hi Tink-
What OS are you using…XP? 2000? if so you might try simply disabling the messenger service.. BUT BE CAREFUL…. services are not ment to be turned off and on, on a whim. Let us know what operating system you are on

Hi Crow…well…sorry that I am not the dude named Tink that you know. I'm that 'nother gender. ;)
I have Windows ME.

Thank you. :)

I like PopSwatter. It works great. No more Popups!!

Hi K McK -

I have heard about this one, but, not sure how it would work.

Thank you, I'll check into it. :)

I've used Pow! for a long time, and am very happy with it.

HTH :)

IF I had to use one (I don't have the need because Proxomitron takes care of a bunch of those problems), I would use Pow! also, AnalogX has many other useful tools at his site as well

I've used Pow! for a long time, and am very happy with it.

HTH :)

IF I had to use one (I don't have the need because Proxomitron takes care of a bunch of those problems), I would use Pow! also, AnalogX has many other useful tools at his site as well

Hi Coyote -

I have not heard about this program yet. But, I'll check into it.

Thank you for the additional information. :)
Well Tink, aint nuttin wrong with "that other" gendor and I appologize for the mix up.. Welcome, though, to Coyote's forums. I am positive you will find all the help you need here.
Windows ME is a great OS.. (ducks to miss all the "boooo's" from the peanut gallery) it simply needs a little attention every once in awhile. Remember to run your maintinance wizzard as often as possible and you will get your money's worth out of ME.
Reason for wanting to know your OS is that I have a person with same problem on XP and happened to be fresh on my mind. But may I suggest this… I am not sure whom your ISP is (isp should provide a little protection if your using there software) but click here to goto CNET/Download.com and download Avant and/or Slim browser's. I like them both but my pref' is Moz. Avant is an excellent browser.. nice GUI properties and seems to do the trick to elliminate pop-up's..
Hope that helps some
I use IE exclusively here, adding another layer to IE is not the answer in my opinion nor is using another browser since you have to keep IE updated anyway to prevent problems on security in Windows….

Windows ME is a great OS.. (ducks to miss all the "boooo's" from the peanut gallery) it simply needs a little attention every once in awhile. Remember to run your maintinance wizzard as often as possible and you will get your money's worth out of ME.

Hi Crow -

Well…I have also gotten the rozberries for sticking with WinME, but, there are some features I like about it, like…. it came with, so I get to keep my warranty ;)

I have found the forums here to be most helpful, and the folks that come here are very helpful and a cheerful lot. Makes it easy for those like myself that don't like starch in my apron.

I really appreciate the additional infomation on the browers, and I will check them out.

Thanks!