Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Content Encoding Error in Firefox, distorted images

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:46 PM

:thumbup:

Thank you :notworthy:

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#47 Danny2007

Danny2007

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Thanks.

LDTate walking me through the steps

#48 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

Thanks.

LDTate walking me through the steps

Yup, you're in good hands with LDTate :thumbup:

You just report back into this thread, once you and him
are done in malware forum.

Regards

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#49 Danny2007

Danny2007

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

LDTate says everything looks good as far as malware goes...

#50 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

Danny, are you still having the same problems then? Your last post in the HJT forum indicated things were running smooth.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#51 Danny2007

Danny2007

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Hi Ztruker,

They seem smooth in terms of malware. However, the problems persist. Yes. I was actually about to post a couple of new screenshots to illustrate the problem before I saw your reply.

I've been using Opera for the past week or so since I uninstalled Firefox. Just half an hour ago or so, for the first time, I had the same exact problem happen in Opera as what used to happen with Firefox.

First this, when I opened Opera. Instead of going to the website, it just keeps popping up as if I'm trying to download a file...
Posted Image

After F5 refresh, this appeared and would not go away despite repeated refreshes...I eventually rebooted.
Posted Image

Up until this point, the only problems I had been having with Opera was occasional distorted images. This was a problem that had occurred in Firefox too. But today it was back to all the other issues I had been having.

In other words, it's the exact same problems that I've had since I first started this thread weeks ago. IE7 also acts erratically (but I rarely use it...). Despite all the tweaks and tests, they remain.

The only difference, I'd say, is that the glitches aren't occuring as frequently as before.

Edited by Danny2007, 27 February 2009 - 06:58 PM.

#52 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

This may sound weird, but what about trying a different network card? If the one you have is onboard (built into the system board) add a PCI NIC. Disable the onboard and use the PCI NIC and see what happens.

This seems highly unlikely but I've seen defective NICs cause some very strange problems. Perhaps you have one laying around or can borrow one from a friend?

Another possibility would be to disable UAC for a bit and see what affect that has. Enable it again if not affect.

See here: http://www.petri.co....ndows_vista.htm only the entries are Disable UAC and Enable UAC, not UAP as shown in this article.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#53 Danny2007

Danny2007

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

This may sound weird, but what about trying a different network card? If the one you have is onboard (built into the system board) add a PCI NIC. Disable the onboard and use the PCI NIC and see what happens.

This seems highly unlikely but I've seen defective NICs cause some very strange problems. Perhaps you have one laying around or can borrow one from a friend?

Not really. Seems pretty drastic. I doubt that's the problem since I've been able to get online in different countries (continents, even).

Another possibility would be to disable UAC for a bit and see what affect that has. Enable it again if not affect.

See here: http://www.petri.co....ndows_vista.htm only the entries are Disable UAC and Enable UAC, not UAP as shown in this article.

What would be the risks associated with doing this?

Question for all tech team members:

It there a master log file for the entire computer? The entire system? I was thinking that if I make note of the time(s) when my PC becomes unstable (3 reboots so far today...grr), this might help pinpoint the problem?

Whenever I try to get into the task manager once my PC becomes sluggish or freezes...I get the same error message:

Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog.

Failure - Security Options

#54 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

Danny007, Yes there is something like what you ask. It's called Event Viewer and is a native part of your operating system which can be found in Administrative Tools. I did not previously know that your machine(s) was working properly in other geographic locations. Now I'm wondering if it is a power-supply related issue. Consider using a UPS Uninteruptable Power Supply, to establish and maintain correct voltage to your machine(s).
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#55 Danny2007

Danny2007

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

Thanks, I may do that.

Okay, I just checked out the Event Viewer. Here are errors that I see have been repeatedly occuring whenever the computer becomes unstable.

Description:
Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-HttpEvent" Guid="{7b6bc78c-898b-4170-bbf8-1a469ea43fc5}" EventSourceName="HTTP" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">15016</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-03-03T03:46:09.745Z" />
<EventRecordID>92267</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="72" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>User-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="DeviceObject">\Device\Http\ReqQueue</Data>
<Data Name="SecurityPackage">Kerberos</Data>
<Binary>000004000200300000000000A83A00C0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000E030980</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

Description:
The eDataSecurity Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-03-03T03:46:24.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>92312</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>User-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">eDataSecurity Service</Data>
<Data Name="param2">%%1053</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I wonder if there is a conflict between the remaining Acer programs/utils that I have and one of my security programs?

Also, do you recognise this error message:

Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog.

Failure - Security Options

Is it from Windows or from Acer?

Edited by Danny2007, 03 March 2009 - 12:10 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#56 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

Danny, Have a look at these resources:

Vista Boot Problems
http://forums.pcpits...p;#entry1474913

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927391

http://support.micro...kb/927392/en-us

Also tell us (even though you might already have told us)
Are you running Threatfire or any "real-time behavioral technology" monitoring : ie Spybot S&D TeaTimer, BillP's WinPatrol, etc.
What AntiSpyware are you running and tell us what components are running active from boot.
Also tell us about your HD partitioning and where you have Vista installed.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.