This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

HD upgrade and failure to reboot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

HP pavillion dv5220us notebook, 120g HD, WINDOWS XP, I recently had a hard drive failure noticeprior to start up. Press F1 to continue. I got tired of seing this and backed up my entire computer to a external hard drive. I wanted to up grade, so I ordered a new HD 200 gig, 7200. After a easy installation the problems occured. I was unable to get any of my recovery, or system info from the external HD because my old HD had corruupted all the files. I ordered a set of recovery disk from HP and after installing successfully I was prompted to restart. I clicked restart and the message no INP found, and it shut down. Pleases help.
Hi there, Unfortunately I've never heard of the error "no INP found", and Google isn't helping much either. Would you mind detailing the error more completely, and giving as much extra information as possible? It shouldn't be too hard to upgrade to a new hard drive and start again, but recovering old (saved) data/information can be a whole new ballgame… Cheers Troy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI