This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

restoring the LSASS.EXE file

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, This file is an important Windows System file and should not be deleted except under guidance from a malware removal expert.. The reason for this is that Windows will not run correctly without this essential file……………….However……… a similar looking file can also be associated with a bad infection of your computer. I see that you have posted over in the malware removal forum and we will therefore not make or recommend any system changes until your machine has received the "all clear " from one of our accredited malware removal experts. You will appreciate I'm sure that receiving advice from two different sources at the same time is undesirable and would make the malware removal expert's job even harder than it already is. Once your machine has received the all clear please post back here in this subforum if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help Regards paws
Ok, no problem. You will just have to wait until the malware removal experts get to your post…but rest assured they will get to your post as soon as they can. Just a tip…resist if you can the temptation to send a follow up post to your post in the malware removal forum as they look first for topics with zero responses… Regards paws
Thank you everyone for your help. Nothing worked till I went and did the "recovery console" again. My laptop is up and running the windows. I am so glad I didn't loose any of my data. I am now busy backing everything up. There is only one thing troubling me now…. I had to uninstall and reinstall McAfee. The installation only goes so far and then tells me that Adaware se is interferring the installation. I already uninstalled it but it is still listed in the Add/Remove list. Any idea how I can totally remove it
Hi meme3160,

I use Revo to uninstall software on my computers, it works well for me.

If a built in uninstaller fails then Revo will still remove a program. I won't uninstall anything without using Revo. Even tiny programs uninstallers will leave a huge amount of junk in the registry and/or files and folders. Not with Revo.

If the programs uninstaller fails just keep on going through the steps and it will still be removed.

Download Revo Uninstaller


  • Go in to Revo, right click what you want to uninstall and choose Uninstall.
  • Next choose Advanced Mode
  • This will launch the programs built in uninstaller and go through the normal uninstall process.
  • Once complete: In Revo Uninstaller click Next and Revo will scan the registry for leftovers.
    • This scan can take several seconds.
  • Once the results are shown look at each one to ensure they are all related to the program that was uninstalled.
  • Choose Select All then click Delete
  • Click Next and Revo will scan for any files or folders that were not removed.
  • If any files/folders are found choose Select all > Delete
Let us know how you go.

Best regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI