This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Can't get rid of Activate Antivirus 2009 Popup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Be gentle with me…….I'm about ready to kill someone! My teenage son got onto the computer this afternoon and accessed a bunch of porn sites. Now I have this pop up that is blocking my access to anything on the internet. I have McAfee and I just downloaded spybot - they said they removed everything but here is the pop up I still get. Thanks so much!!! :pullhair: Internet Explorer Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer! Most likely causes: The website contains exploits that can launch a malicious code on your computer Suspicious network activity detected There might be an active spyware running on your computer What you can try: Activate Antivirus 2009 for secure Internet surfing (Recommended). Check your computer for viruses and malware. More information
[external image: Posted Image]

Sorry about the delay in responding :(


We look for post with 0 replies, so when you posted to your own log, we assumed you were being helped.

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI