This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] popup.adv.net removal

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

wow that was a fast reply. The housekeeping is is now done, and I have read most of the text in those links. If I shall be honnest I think I got infected with the popupp thingy when downloading something. Anyway, thx for the help with removing it and a rootkit that one of the programs discoverd, thinkit was ComboFix. Now I learned the HARD way to be even more carafull of what I download :)
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI