This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

HijackThis

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I tried to learn this program so I clicked on the prompts on the What The Tech page. I was directed to a new download as it said,"This is a newr version." When I followed the tutorial I got a message that an error had occured but then it disappeared. I tried to continue but the steps were vague. It seemed to want to direct me to Trend which indicated their resonse required payment. Where do I begin with accurate download and prompt information? Thank you
  • Download Hijackthis from here.
  • For your convienience you might want a short cut on the desktop.
  • Open HJT choose scan and save a log file.
  • copy the contents of that log for me in your next reply.


Do not attempt to fix anything with HJT it shows both good and bad entries and files.
Hello Sorry for not replying sooner but I was waiting for an answer to my log. I know it takes time and there are a lot of them. Anyway, just after my last post, I followed Trend's directions b/c the ones here did not function for me. I then posted my log with What the Tech's HJT. That was about a week ago. If I do not hear, I will try your advice but I don't want to create a duplicate. You may want to try to follow What the Tech's directions to see if there is a problem on my end or theirs. I was told the old version of HJT was no good and was redirected to another site. It became confusing. I hope I am not crossing protocol lines and I thank you for your help. Please write back if you wish to correct me. Thank you
I believe that is it. If it is a matter of waiting I do not mind; if I should initiate something, please advise me to do so. Was it inappropriate to ask What the Tech to analyze the Trend log. Do you have any recommendations for future reference keeping in mind the trouble I had with the What the Tech HJT procedure/link? For examle does Major Geeks have a procedure to create a log and then follow thru with analyzing it and the same with What the Tech and Trend? I don't know if the whole issue is a comprehensive endeavor by a single forum or if you can create the log with one forum and have another analyze it. Thank you
Most forums now accept Trend Micros application for HJT. So there is no problem there. The only error you had done was to reply to your own topic here We as helpers look for logs with no (Zero) reply's at all. If we see one has a reply we leave it be thinking someone is already working on the log. But I will look at that one now and give you full instructions on what to do.
I will close this topic now .
Your post has been Moved, Closed or Edited for one of the following reasons:

1.) You posted multiple topics and only one is required

2.) You are spamming links to other places without approval

3.) You have posted your hijackthis log to the wrong forum:
( http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html ) <— correct forum for HijackThis Logs

4.) Abusive language or other problems in your text

5.) Your log is too old (20 days or more) and no replies from you after a volunteer tried to help you

If you came here for help, and you have not posted a Hijackthis log to the proper forum, then you may do so now, if you came here to spam or abuse, you will be dealt with harsher on your next offense

This is a family oriented forum to help those that need help.

==============================

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI