This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Is my computer Windows 7 beta 1 compatible?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I recently downloaded windows 7 beta 1 and i don't know if it can be installed on my computer. OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model Precision WorkStation 340 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~1794 Mhz BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A01, 6/12/2001 SMBIOS Version 2.3 Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)" Time Zone New Zealand Daylight Time Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB Available Physical Memory 541.44 MB Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB Page File Space 2.41 GB Page File C:\pagefile.sys Is this ok?
Hello,

I have been advised and believe that Windows 7 beta 1 has not yet been released for testing. You therefore may have an illegal copy.

According to our Terms of Use, we can not provide assistance with illegally obtained Operating systems.

Best regards,
I know this post is somewhat old but I am pretty sure Windows 7 was released to some users even as early as Dec 25th, 2008… I know I got my copy around January 15th and it wasn't an illegal copy…

And since it is available through legitimage sources now, I would recommend running the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor… To see if your machine is compatitible with Windows 7. From the looks of your description you should be okay but I would still run the advisor….

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details…;displaylang=en

I'd also like to remind you that Windows 7 is still beta and should not be used as your base operating system as it still has lots of bugs and also is set to expire a few months after release. I would recommend setting up a dual boot or running in a virtual machine so you do not lose your critical data…