This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Useful Small Tool

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Windows running process lister
A very small program that simply lists the processes that Task Manager lists, including the full path name so you can see what program they are part of. You can easily copy and paste the list into a text file for before/after comparisons, or to email/forum when asking for computer help. You may be surprised at what is running on your computer! Some processes waste a lot of computer resources and make your computer sluggish.
Download ListProcesses for Windows.

With thanks to Mart44 for this link.

Does Sysinternals process explorer do the same and then more?

-Scud

Hi Scud,

How about you doing a comparison of both programs then post the results here for us to view.

I would say 'well done' if you take on this little project.

kind regards,
Erg, I could try. I am not nearly as knowledgeable about software as you guys are (or so I suspect). I am currently trying to get my system safe after it was recently compromised, so I won't be doing any more d/ling until I have everything up to speed. Let you know after that. Thanks for the encouragement, -Scud Edit: Ok redo, In regards to the functions tallin mentioned above about listprocesses, sysinternals can perform all of these functions. I will be sure to follow up on this request once I am downloading and can analyze the functionality of listprocesses. -Scud
Scud,

Of course you are more than capable of fulfilling my request, I can tell by some of your earlier posts.

so I won't be doing any more d/ling until I have everything up to speed.

List Processes needs no installation. I do not bother with Sysinternals, but may have a look at it now you have bought it to my attention…

In regards to the functions tallin mentioned above about listprocesses, sysinternals can perform all of these functions. I will be sure to follow up on this request once I am downloading and can analyze the functionality of listprocesses.

Great, take your time.

Best regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI