This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Open Office -- Copy and Paste Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi: I have Open Office 2.4 and when I use the Writer and try to paste in text from an email it puts it in as a table. I can't edit it or do anything with it except delete. I can take the same text block and paste it into notepad and then recopy it from notepad and then it pastes in fine. I don't know if it is a problem in any of the Open Office uses like spreadsheet or what as I really don't use them. It does the same thing if I click and select all or if I mouse over the selection and try that way. I'm not really that technically oriented, though I've been using computers for a long time. I'm the kind of user that installs the program however the default setting install it and start using it. I looked in the Help for something but didn't see anything that seemed to fit the problem. It may just be a coincidence but I noticed it after I had a trojan problem (resolved by the folks on the Malware Team) last week. I don't think the program did any updates or anything since then. It seems to be fine other than that. Though I don't do it alot it is a bit of a bother like this. As I said, it only seems to happen when I get the text from an email (and I have tried from several different ones) Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. Dave
The email that you are copying… is it from an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, or is this a web-based email like Yahoo or Hotmail? Any chance that you are using the Open Office email client?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI