Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Open Office -- Copy and Paste Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Haitidave

Haitidave

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

Hi: I have Open Office 2.4 and when I use the Writer and try to paste in text from an email it puts it in as a table. I can't edit it or do anything with it except delete. I can take the same text block and paste it into notepad and then recopy it from notepad and then it pastes in fine. I don't know if it is a problem in any of the Open Office uses like spreadsheet or what as I really don't use them. It does the same thing if I click and select all or if I mouse over the selection and try that way. I'm not really that technically oriented, though I've been using computers for a long time. I'm the kind of user that installs the program however the default setting install it and start using it. I looked in the Help for something but didn't see anything that seemed to fit the problem. It may just be a coincidence but I noticed it after I had a trojan problem (resolved by the folks on the Malware Team) last week. I don't think the program did any updates or anything since then. It seems to be fine other than that. Though I don't do it alot it is a bit of a bother like this. As I said, it only seems to happen when I get the text from an email (and I have tried from several different ones) Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. Dave

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

The email that you are copying... is it from an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, or is this a web-based email like Yahoo or Hotmail? Any chance that you are using the Open Office email client?
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.