Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Google.de since last night ! HELP!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 blaqpig

blaqpig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:31 AM

Ok I have never had this happen before and no clue what is going on but here it goes ... Last night my internet went down. I reset the modem (Verizon Fios) and it kicked in like 10 minutes later. As of last night and this morning every computer is being redirected to Google.de when I type in www.google.com. This is on the main wired computer Vista, a Wireless iMac and a wireless Mac Laptop. I have no clue what to do I keep searching, resetting, unplugging, clearing, and no luck. Please can someone help me with this!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hi and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: Sorry to hear of the problems with the Google searching. The solution depends on whether you are seeing the page in German or another language...however the following instructions will usually do the trick ......(I have given the German and English translations which may help) 1 open Internet Explorer and go here: www.google.de 2 click on "Einstellungen" which means Preferences. 3 On the line that begins "Sprache der Benutzeroberfläche" which means "Interface Language" select in the white box "English" or whatever language you want to use. 4 In the area beginning with "Suchsprache" which means "search language" put a dot in the 2nd (lower) radio button and select the language you require from the list. 5 click on the button "Einstellungen speichern" which means Save Preferences 6 Click on OK and see how you go Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 blaqpig

blaqpig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

thanks for the reply :) it just changed google.de to english but according the address bar it is still on google.de. this is so weird since yesterday afternoon it was fine. I scanned my computer (anyone know of any really good scanners that i try for free) and nothing came up. I just called Verizon Fios if they can reset my ip and they just had me reset my modem and that of course did nothing. Any other tips on how to get my computers back to the defaults like it was (not even sure how this started)

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

My welcome also to you,

Please go to this link and follow exactly what LDTate has suggested.

kind regards,

#5 blaqpig

blaqpig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:20 PM

hi thank you for the welcomes :) I have scanned my computer with varies programs and nothing infected is coming up. I think Google thinks my IP is in Germany. I am not sure what to do anymore ??

#6 blaqpig

blaqpig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

and actually lookign at this site ipaddressreport it seems my country is "unknown". So maybe this is a screw up with my ISP? I need it to say I live in the US :)

#7 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

and actually lookign at this site ipaddressreport it seems my country is "unknown". So maybe this is a screw up with my ISP? I need it to say I live in the US :)

Yes, you do need to fill USA as the country you live in.

Did you follow the link I sent to you in my last post?

Best regards,

#8 blaqpig

blaqpig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:14 AM

Yes, you do need to fill USA as the country you live in.

Did you follow the link I sent to you in my last post?

Best regards,

Hi thanks!! I did all the steps but when one of my programs avast is reading the setup as this:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DRDld\mbam-setup.exe
Win32:Spyware-gen [Trj]
Trojan Horse
081121-0, 11/21/2008

anyways I terminated avast and ran the setup for this anyways.

is this bad that a trojan was found in this malwarebytes program?

Edited by blaqpig, 22 November 2008 - 11:19 AM.

#9 blaqpig

blaqpig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

this is the results: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30 Database version: 1415 Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 11/22/2008 12:19:26 PM mbam-log-2008-11-22 (12-19-26).txt Scan type: Quick Scan Objects scanned: 43571 Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 57 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: (No malicious items detected) Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected)

#10 blaqpig

blaqpig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

and using this site showipaddress it shows my country as "Germany". I would assume this is why Google is geolocating me wrong. Can my ISP fix this, I have no clue why it is reading me as Germany.

#11 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

Hi blaqpig,

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

I am not familiar with Vista, have you got your Windows Updates current?
I notice your Malwarebytes' Scan is clear.

What I suggest you do is post a HJT log over on the correct forum by following this link. When you do, include this thread at the beginning of your post so the Malware fighters can see you have attemped to fix your own problem with no joy. If you have not heard from a Malware fighter within 5 days, post here with a gentle reminder, but be patient as they are inundated with logs to analise.

Kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 22 November 2008 - 11:45 AM.