This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Baseline

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am attaching both a Highjack This Log and a Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware log as suggested. I have also created a backup registry with ERUNT and used the Atribune ATF Cleaner. FYI - I know very little about computers BUT I am willing to try to learn. I have had problems with intermittent internet disruptions and overall slow computer for sometime know. My IPS has been out to the house at least three times in the last 6 weeks and can not seem to find the problem. They installed a new modem but apparently that was not the problem. I added 1 GB of RAM last night - total 1.5 GB. That did speed up computer quite a lot but I still have disruptions. I have two computers linked with a Linksys wireless-G Broadband router. I do get disruptions on both computers with and without the router hooked up. I mainly get disconnected while playing online games and also, but not as often, while surfing the net. I play mostly on WorldWinner and seem to get the error "server connection interupted or lost" quite often. After this I usually can get back on line with in minutes or sometimes seconds. I contacted World Winner support but they say the problem is not with them and my IPS says it is not with them. i also play on PokerStars and Party Casino and do lose connection while on these sites also. So now I am lost on what to do next!!! I would appreciate any help or advice.
Thanks!!!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:12:10 AM, on 11/20/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Moved from Malware forum as logs are clean.
LDT
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums. :welcome: Your HJT and Malwarebytes logs have been examined and analysed by a malware removal expert and found to be "clean" Turning now to the Internet connection issues, it is relatively unusual for a home network to be equipped with an IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) as these are usually the preserve of the business network. Despite having a visit from your IPS provider to your house I would still be inclined to turn off, disable, or disconnect/temporarily remove the facility and see how you go, Regards paws Ps…you did mean IPS I suppose……not ISP…? ( Internet Service Provider?)
Paws, I'm sure he means ISP, not IPS :lol: Melanie421c, you say your computers are connected to a Wireless router. Are they both laptops or did you add wireless PCI cards to them? The first thing I would do is connect one with a CAT5 Ethernet cable instead of wireless and see if the problem goes away. Post back with results.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI