This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Sluggish Video

108 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Also, I have my screen refresh rate set at the default, 60Hz. The next setting is 70Hz. If I chose 70Hz, would it help the choppiness of videos?
Setting the refresh rate to 70 Hz should reduce some flicker. As for overclocking, Overclocking is achived by increasing the voltage from the normal safe voltage. This increases heat, and puts more power through the device than is intended. I do not recommend overclocking because the manufature has tested the device and set the speed and voltage to the best settings for the device. If the device was meant to run at higher speeds and voltage the manufacture would have set them and charged more for the device. Some of the gamers will disagree with me on this. I have not read the complete topic, but it seams that the issue is poor video quality. Have you considered that the video card itself is defective?
In electronic circuits resisters, capacitors, and inductors are used to create resonant circuits.
If one of the componants is failing in a resonant circiut the filter will not work properly.
This would cause choppy video.
The video card also must convert the digital signal to an anolog signal. If this where failing your video quality would be poor. (the higher the sample rate the better the quality).
Hi

Have you considered that the video card itself is defective?

Yes, I did. I went to a site that was posted earlier in this thread and the test shows that my video card is okay. My computer is mainly used for watching videos. Maybe I should have purchased a different one since it usually always has intense graphic use, not like a usual user who checks their email and surfs the net a bit. I'll run the test again for another analysis.

Well, let's see….

My Northern California pack-mule could get me to a New York shop that carries Mallowmars in about three months.
If I can borrow a horse, maybe 2 months.
Depending on weather, I may have to divert to Miami.
UPS or FedEx from Miami shouldn't be much more than 4 or 5 days.

Hope you're not holding your breath.

Best Regards

I hadn't seen this post until just now, lol.
Now what good would those cookies be if they sat in a warehouse in Miami for a day or two. Sheesh! Just wire me the money . . . $3.50 should cover it. I don't accept checks.

I hadn't seen this post until just now, lol.
Now what good would those cookies be if they sat in a warehouse in Miami for a day or two. Sheesh! Just wire me the money . . . $3.50 should cover it. I don't accept checks.


:rofl:

You're probably right.
It's nice to encounter a light sense of humor in these threads from time to time.
Thanks.

Doug
You're so right, HFCG. Sharing is a must. Come on over . . . . everybody's welcome! We can have a grand ole party with music and dancing :friends: :banana2: :weee: I'll even provide the milk . . . BYOB :lol: But I'm afraid that one box of Mallomars won't last very long around me. Maybe Doug can pick up a few more boxes. . . . . . . . . :rofl:
So I guess that my system is what it is and I can't expect more from it. I've learned a lot from building this pc and doing a lot of troubleshooting, and when I'm ready to build another one, I'll know what I need to make the type of computer that I'm looking for. Thanks for all your help. You're a great bunch of people. :thumbup:

You're so right, HFCG. Sharing is a must. Come on over . . . . everybody's welcome! We can have a grand ole party with music and dancing :friends: :banana2: :weee:

I'll even provide the milk . . . BYOB :lol:

But I'm afraid that one box of Mallomars won't last very long around me. Maybe Doug can pick up a few more boxes.
. . . . . . . . :rofl:

After seeing what you look like my wife would hurt me if I came over for milk and cookies :woot:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI