This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] I got an ugly virus

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I still have a lot of strange things happening. For example, when I try to get to control panel get a message "resources not available". When I go into Windows Explorer, when I change from directory to directory - each time a windows installer runs. Also, and I really know nothing about the HJT logs, I noticed a lot of missing files in the 023 section. Are these programs that will need to be reinstalled to function properly again?
HJT doesn't always see the 023 correctly.

You can use windows sfc (system file checker) You'd need your XP CD to make this work.
Click Start> Run> type sfc /scannow Note the space.
(Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI