Windows Made Easy
5 min read
Here is a link with some more information on this: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/smtp-engine.html
True statement of course, Thanks for the correction.Something is not right in this scenario. First, I assume you mean ISP and not IP.
To add to my software list, Ccleaner, ATF Cleaner, Spybot S&D (Resident Tea Timer Disabled),WinPatrol.Second, if you have AVG, SB, and MBAM, along with your firewall, AND you keep Windows current, AND you never open attachments and downloads without scanning first, AND, most importantly, you stay away from sites badguys wallow in (porn, illegal gambling, and primarily P2P sites that condone the illegal filesharing of copyrighted materials - songs, movies, published writings), then you should not be getting any Trojans. And by "you" I mean every user of that computer.
All Trojans have been found by AVG when scanning incoming emails, I received a few of those credit card emails, and 1 from an airline asking me to check my invoice, 1 other saying that my credit had been credited with $150 to Translate some document that was attached (no virus was found)???. 1 of the emails was not even addressed to me, the 1st 3 letters of the name were the same, I checked the properties and the server had sent it to me, though it wasn't my email name, I didn't check the IP( though I would suspect it has to be mine) unless it is mail generated from my own machine, I don't know enough in this area
My ISP would send monthly messages telling me what they had stopped.Where's your spam blocker?
Since I changed from "Outlook Express" to "Windows Live Mail" my ISP no longer supports!
Can you recommend an anti-spam/spam blocker program?
Thanks Digerati
Ztruker, my intention here was to suggest the "How to..", and gain more input from the other members with more knowledge, as I do believe their is always something to be learned as you have added and other members with input will to!I don't see this as a "How to", more an informational message since it doesn't actually tell you how to do anything.
Until eventually the information has been gathered and the question formatted, and deemed fit or not to be posted as part of the "Windows 101" "How to.."
Thanks for all your input
A very valuable two cents, as since I 1st posted this I have learned and trialed a few things, had to purchase a HD due to having no usable back-ups, install OS for a temp fix so I didn't have to format & reinstall on my original HD. ( I believe I did have some small malware problem somewhere, the drive doesn't bootIts an old thread, but I had to add my two cents.
I am now in the middle of trialing COMODO's Anti-Spam, with some rather interesting results.
I will post (more than likely) to this thread to see if I can't finish what I started, even if it does take a year.
Hopefully, A how to.. or an interesting thread on SPAM and how to deal with it.
Jkc73