Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Google redirect

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jgonzo

jgonzo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

when I go to the google website, it opens up in google deutschland. I've tried firefox, IE, safari and they all do the same. Also, it happens with my other computer....both at home. I've ran windows defender, AVG, spybot and they haven't found anything. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:44 AM

What country do you live in? What OS? If Vista, what LIPs (language interface packs) are you using?

Also, it happens with my other computer....both at home

And did you scan all networked computers?

When did this start?
kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gif Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

#3 jgonzo

jgonzo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:52 AM

Live in the US. Running both vista (laptop) and XP (desktop). This started this week. What's a LIP?? I will scan the desktop.

#4 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

This happened to me with YouTube, it always went to the Chinese version. Try clearing all of your temp files with ATF-Cleaner, that's what fixed it for me.
The internet's most useful tool, Google.

"Life's like a game of Poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" - Garfield

#5 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

LIP

Try clearing all of your temp files with ATF-Cleaner, that's what fixed it for me.

What bothers me is you don't run across this problem often so I am suspicious that it appeared on both computers at the same time. I should have mentioned purging the system - I usually plug in my canned text which includes that step (no need to scan 1000s of temporary files), this time I just ask if all systems have been scanned.
kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gif Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────