This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Google redirect

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

when I go to the google website, it opens up in google deutschland. I've tried firefox, IE, safari and they all do the same. Also, it happens with my other computer….both at home. I've ran windows defender, AVG, spybot and they haven't found anything. Any suggestions? Thanks!
What country do you live in? What OS? If Vista, what LIPs (language interface packs) are you using?

Also, it happens with my other computer….both at home

And did you scan all networked computers?

When did this start?
This happened to me with YouTube, it always went to the Chinese version. Try clearing all of your temp files with ATF-Cleaner, that's what fixed it for me.
LIP

Try clearing all of your temp files with ATF-Cleaner, that's what fixed it for me.

What bothers me is you don't run across this problem often so I am suspicious that it appeared on both computers at the same time. I should have mentioned purging the system - I usually plug in my canned text which includes that step (no need to scan 1000s of temporary files), this time I just ask if all systems have been scanned.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI