This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I need an IDS/IPS recommendation

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi nocturnal-001,

I correspond with friends 4 hours north of about where you are, they are very happy with sbcglobal.net

I also have friends that are pleased with bellsouth.net however I do not know if they are in your area.

Now if you lived in [external image: Posted Image] I could really help you with hands on experience.

best regards, and [external image: Posted Image] for your boys.
Ummm, that's IPS - not ISP.

IPS = Intrusion Prevention System
IDS = Intrusion Detection System

What is it you are looking for? IPS/IDS is not practical for the small home network. Some question their value on large networks. HIPS (for Host Intrusion Prevention Systems) are available for PCs, see Comodo Firewall.
im setting up an office network. 6 pc, 2 notebooks, 3 printers. Im smack in 'da middle of USC and UCLA. Bad things flow out of those internet signals. So I wanna set it up to alert if an unauthorized person is exploring. all will be networked at the building except 1 notebook which the owner will have on his person.
Just add a password to your network as you set it up, that is what I have and no one can get into it near here or far a-field. All the best.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI