This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cookies Problem

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was having a problem with a site and somebody told me to delete the cookie for the site but i seem to have deleted every cookie and now i'm having to sign in to everything everytime i go to a site instead of Firefox just having me logged straight in. Is it possible to fix this? Thanks for any help and i hope my explination is clear enough :)
Go to Tools > Options > Privacy and make sure "Always clear my private data when I close firefox" is unchecked. Sometimes when you go to log-in to a site there will be a log in time setting, there is either an option for "Forever" or sometimes putting it at 0 will automatically make it forever. Also not all sites will remember whether or not you were logged in, though most of them do.
Hi Leemo,

Once a week, say every Saturday I run ATF-Cleaner by Atribune. This clears all your temp folders, and cookies so keeps my systems running slim and fast. I have never cleared cookies from any particular site as it is not deemed necessary when the above program is used weekly.

After doing the above, I then need to log into each and every forum, site, whatever just once in the week. This is good practice to my way of thinking and keeps your system clean.

So, I recommend you download and run the above program which is one of the best offered in my opinion. :thumbup:

kind regards,
Under Tools > Options make sure "Accept Cookies from sites" and "Accept third-party cookies" under Privacy are checked. Also make sure "Keep until" is set to "they expire".
I always have them checked ^^^

Hi Leemo,

Once a week, say every Saturday I run ATF-Cleaner by Atribune. This clears all your temp folders, and cookies so keeps my systems running slim and fast. I have never cleared cookies from any particular site as it is not deemed necessary when the above program is used weekly.

It's says the program is for W2000 or XP, i use Vista. Do you know one for Vista?
Done the cleaner but i'm still having the same problems. I'm still having to sign in everyday Is there anyway of wipping/resetting the firefox password saving storage? Whe i first signed up for firefox everytime i signed in anywhere a bit would drop down and ask me if i wanted firefox to remember the details. Thanks for all the help
Leemo,

I have Firefox installed as my second browser. I don't have to sign in to use it, I just click the shortcut I put in my taskbar once and it immediately opens.

Are you sure you mean a password to Firefox, and not some other issue?

Please confirm which password to what program you are referring to? Thanks

kind regards,

Leemo,

I have Firefox installed as my second browser. I don't have to sign in to use it, I just click the shortcut I put in my taskbar once and it immediately opens.

Are you sure you mean a password to Firefox, and not some other issue?

Please confirm which password to what program you are referring to? Thanks

kind regards,


He means passwords to websites.

For instance WTT. If you sign in, then when you exit your browser and re-open it, you can come back and your still logged in. He can't get websites to keep him logged in anymore.

In Firefox, under Tools / Options, Security tab, make sure "Remember passwords for sites" is checked.

Yep mate that's always checked. Maybe i should delete them and start again?
Leemo,

Put a tick/enable in "Log me automatically each visit"

This should help I hope.

kind regards,

Attachments:

  • [attachment removed: Log_me_in_automatically.gif]

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI