This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hi, I'm an idiot with computers

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello, I'm going to be polite and introduce myself before (and kind of simultaneously with) posting my problem in the section below. My name is Chris, and I'm an idiot with computers. I'm so so with the mechanics of them, but I'm an idiot apparently when it comes to accidentally acquiring spyware and malware. Now that that is out of the way, please help me if you are able to in my post elsewhere in the forum. Thanks!

Hello,

[stuff] I'm an idiot apparently when it comes to accidentally acquiring spyware and malware.

[other stuff]


I rather suspect that I fall into this category also.

Perhaps, if we are quiet, no one will notice…
:welcome: filmcynic

I see you have posted your log in the correct forum. Please be patient as the accredited Malware fighters are snowed under at the momemt and will get to your log in turn. Do not respond to it yourself as they look for logs that have not been answered. If in 5 days, you have had no answer, please go here and post a gentle reminder.

Tokamak, :thumbup: You are doing well, the fact you are in the Freshman's Class is a credit to you, one day you will be answering filmcynic's log or similar.

Keep up the good work,

kind regards,
Thanks for the replies, guys. Today I turned on my computer and found a newly titled Micro AV 2009 spyware popup. I again disabled the obvious processes and startup items so I can at least do my work. I'd mention this in my HijackThis thread, but you said not to reply, so I won't.
Hello filmcynic,

I'd mention this in my HijackThis thread, but you said not to reply, so I won't.

That is correct, do not reply to your log you will need to wait now until your log is replied to by a Malware fighter. One of them will get to it as soon as your turn comes around. Please be patient.

kind regards,
:wavey: Hello filmcynic, I think we're all here for more or less the same reason. Good place to be and hopefully we'll all learn lots and be able to help others eventually. Good luck, Satchfan (UK)