This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

locks up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have a windows vista bussiness Intell Celeron CPU 2.80 Ram 1.5 GB 32 bit system My probl;em is since day one, when I open microsoft game hearts, or solitare as soon as it trys to open my PC locks up Can someone please tell me whats wrong. I have other PC's but only One vista. I can live without it I just want to know why? Thanks mschroe919
Hello,
The games may be causing a conflict with other software/hardware.
Since gtoing through the software running on your machine will take longer, lets look at your hardware.
A celeron processor is not the best, but should not bog down for a light game.
However you really should add some RAM, 2-3GB total.
Are you using the onboard video card?
Does the computer do the same thing with video? (Or pictures?)
Since Vista business does not come with media center I am suprised that it came with the games. Have you tried to install media center? (there may be an issue with that if you did).
Now for the big question, do you know what applications are running on your machine?
  • Click on the start button.
  • Select control panel.
  • Select device manager (you will need administrator level for this).
  • Navigate to your video card (graphics controller).
  • Right click on the graphics controller.
  • Select properties.
  • Select update driver.
Lets see if there is a newer driver for the video card.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI