This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Possible Highjack

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:pullhair: :pullhair:

I have recently, in the past week or so, had some problems with my computer. Windows Update no longer works and I can't get it to automatically start so that the site will update my computer. I also have problems viewing certain websites. I have ran several different virus protection programs, but to no avail. I ran highjackthis and it came up with several things that are running in the background. Here is the log that it created.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:18:51 PM, on 9/14/2008
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
D:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\nhksrv.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\snmp.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\msdtc.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\locator.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\mqsvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
D:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\TrayMon.exe
D:\Program Files\Netropa\Onscreen Display\OSD.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE
D:\WINNT\system32\taskmgr.exe
D:\WINNT\explorer.exe
D:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [84bdbd85] rundll32.exe "D:\WINNT\system32\gghcartm.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "D:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM1729009a] Rundll32.exe "D:\WINNT\system32\wrptbaxo.dll",s
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Spybot - Search & Destroy] "D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingA5465] command /c del "D:\WINNT\system32\wrptbaxo.dll_old"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingC81] cmd /c del "D:\WINNT\system32\wrptbaxo.dll_old"
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: fvddsp.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\AOL Spyware Protection\\aolserv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - D:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Netropa NHK Server (nhksrv) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\nhksrv.exe

I'm not sure what to delete and what to keep. I am running Windows 2000, and some of my updates have been deleted from what I can tell. Please help with my problems.
:pullhair: :pullhair:
Thank you for your reply……just leave the thread as it is thanks, Good luck over in the Malware Forum, the guys are the best of the best, so you are in good hands. kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI