Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Possible Highjack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joesbkntx

Joesbkntx

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

:pullhair: :pullhair:

I have recently, in the past week or so, had some problems with my computer. Windows Update no longer works and I can't get it to automatically start so that the site will update my computer. I also have problems viewing certain websites. I have ran several different virus protection programs, but to no avail. I ran highjackthis and it came up with several things that are running in the background. Here is the log that it created.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:18:51 PM, on 9/14/2008
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
D:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\nhksrv.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\snmp.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\msdtc.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\locator.exe
D:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
D:\WINNT\system32\mqsvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
D:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\TrayMon.exe
D:\Program Files\Netropa\Onscreen Display\OSD.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE
D:\WINNT\system32\taskmgr.exe
D:\WINNT\explorer.exe
D:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [84bdbd85] rundll32.exe "D:\WINNT\system32\gghcartm.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "D:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM1729009a] Rundll32.exe "D:\WINNT\system32\wrptbaxo.dll",s
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Spybot - Search & Destroy] "D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingA5465] command /c del "D:\WINNT\system32\wrptbaxo.dll_old"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingC81] cmd /c del "D:\WINNT\system32\wrptbaxo.dll_old"
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: fvddsp.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\AOL Spyware Protection\\aolserv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - D:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Netropa NHK Server (nhksrv) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\nhksrv.exe

I'm not sure what to delete and what to keep. I am running Windows 2000, and some of my updates have been deleted from what I can tell. Please help with my problems.
:pullhair: :pullhair:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

Good Afternoon,
:welcome:

We hope you enjoy the forum. There is lots to read and learn. For your first port of call, please
follow Welcome to New Members.

Post back if you need more initial help.

kind regards,

#3 Joesbkntx

Joesbkntx

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

Thank you for your help. Sorry I posted in the wrong forum. Feel free to delete this, or if you'd like, I will. Joe

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

Thank you for your reply......just leave the thread as it is thanks, Good luck over in the Malware Forum, the guys are the best of the best, so you are in good hands. kind regards,