This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer Clock

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I have set Parental Controls for my son's account. The computer shuts down after a specific time due to the restrictions I placed on his account. However, he has gotten around this by changing the time on the clock. The computer is to shut down at 10pm every night, but he changes the clock to say 5pm. At first I thought there would be a way to lock the clock or block his access. But he told me that he is changing the computer clock before he is even prompted to log in. In DOS. He said I cannot lock this access. Well, now it has become a game of One-Up now. He has challenged me to find a way to block his access. I said I would find a way - Is there a way? Frustrated Mom. (yes, I could just take the computer away from him altogether, but he is a good kid and has been honest with me about this whole thing. He is a very smart kid (14) and loves to start his conversations with, "Hey, guess what I figured out?")
Hi janabanana

There are several ways for you to stop your Son tampering with the settings on your computer.

  • Be very firm with him, as you already have said, ban him from using the computer if he does change the settings.
  • Download and install Lock 0'clock 1.0 (I have had no experience with this simple software)
  • Download and install Clock Guard ( Again I have not had experience with Clock Guard)
  • Set a restricted log on account for him and password all others on the computer so he cannot access them.
I rared two beautiful daughters and if either had defied me in changing computer settings when requested not to, that would have been the very last time they used the computer until they obeyed my request.

Sorry……I was strict and it paid off in the long run as they are now grown, have families of their own who again would not defy their parents.

Have you heard the saying, "Spare the rod and spoil the child"? It is so true….

Hope you win the battle and the war!

kind regards, :thumbup:
Don't get me wrong. He has been grounded from the computer for two weeks now. He is due to be ungrounded tomorrow. I was hoping to fix the problem before he got back on. My husband laid the law down and if he is caught again, the computer goes up for sale (or at least moved into my bedroom). The rod is just about worn out at my house. I need to get a new one. LOL Thanks for your help and when I get home tonight, I will click on the links you provided me.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI