dayseye
Topic Starter
Some months ago, every now than and then in the morning when I turned the computer on, Windows wouldn't fully load. It would go through the screen where it says Windows and has the box with the blue thingies running through it, then it would go to the blank screen and nothing. It normally has the mouse pointer show up and then the accounts screen show up. I'd restart the computer and it would be fine.
It got progressively worse. We'd tried system restores and other stuff. Nothing helped. We were wanting a new harddrive anyhow, so we got one and did a fresh install on the new hard drive, using the old drive as a slave drive. Windows worked fine for weeks. Then it did the same thing one morning. Then a few mornings later. Now every morning. Two days ago, I decided to try a Windows repair, it all seemed to work, Windows started up and then there were things that had to be installed, like Windows Internet Explorer 7. Did that, rebooted, worked fine. Reinstalled something else, rebooted, got the blank screen again. Turned the computer off, back on and it worked. Yesterday morning, however, it took me about 10 times of trying to start it to finally get it to work. This morning, I must have tried 15 before giving up. (Thank goodness for having a laptop, too.)
What is going on? Other than never turning it off and doing reboots ;), what do we do?
tia.