This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Xp Freezing

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok my Computer was working find the other night did my normal everyday thing shut down and went to bed. When I went to start it up the next day it would load up o the windows xp loading screen where the little blue bar goes accross then freeze. So I held the power button down 2-5 sec so it would restart. And hit F8 and hit last known config that worked same thing. So restarted and booted in safe mode with networking and loaed fine. Tried to load it in normal mode and frozed. A buddy came over to work his magic since he said it happened to him before. Loaded the Windows cd in and instead of load the repair on the second run he hit the rcovery on the first and lost all my restores I had. Now I have two operating systems on my computer Microsoft Home and Pro.I can get on the Home part and the Pro is the one freezeing up with all my stuff on it. Any thing I can do???? Computer specs. Amd 4000+ 7800gt video card Maxtor 300 max line III Asus board 1gb ram
Copy your files/folders from/to a different partition or disk(drive) and re-install windows. However, you should still be able to run the auto-recovery IF..and I say if.. its possible to do in the first place. Have you tried to run it a second time?
Ok after messing with it for countless hours last night.While working in just Safe mode I came accross CCleaner something that Bamajim gave me when I had a another problem. Under there to the left panel you have a button that says issues. When I clicked to check for issues I had 403, clicked fix and boom restarted and loaded right up. Good program. Thanks for the reply. I saved a log if you want to see that. :wavey:
well, thats great that it loaded up for you. However, if I were you, I would go ahead and start now, backing up your files and everything because you will wish you had in the future if you dont…know what I mean?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI