Hello there,
I'm a medical student right now in the Cayman Islands. I'm trying to fix my friend's computer since she complained about it running slow. I think/pretty sure she has spyware on it since she uses Limewire and such and that's usually a magnet for issues. Anyhow, I'm going to post on the problems forum and hope that some of you that are much more computer savy than myself can point out what I'll need to remove. Thanks in advance for your help.
-4runner_guy
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums
It's alway nice to have a medic around!
Sorry to hear of the problems with your friend's machine.
You are so right P2P file sharing is a major route for carrying infections to folks machines and we recommend that they be uninstalled, however dont get her to do anything yet as the malware removal experts will cover that in their reply to the HJT log you submitted.
The malware fighters over in the malware removal forum are pretty busy at the moment, as the number of folks in trouble, sometimes exceeds the number of trained advisers available.
However please be assured that they will get to your post as soon as they can.
If you have not received a response from them within 5 days then please go here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_To_Do_I…ays_t83910.html
Regards
paws