Hi everyone. This is my first post so apologies in advance if I didn't get it right! I’m hoping that someone can help me with some spyware questions. My operating system is Windows 98 and the browser is IE 6. I keep them up to date with the latest security patches from Microsoft. I have ZoneAlarm 5 as a firewall and AVG 6 for anti-virus. Also, I run Ad-aware 6 about once a week or so. A couple of weeks ago I tried several other spyware scanners. Most of them picked up something that Ad-aware didn’t. To try and help things, I downloaded and installed both SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster, as well as IE-SPYAD, but I still seem to have several things in my registry file that maybe shouldn’t be there. One was Download Accelerator Plus, which I thought I had removed ages ago. NoAdware v2.01 (update file of 19 May 2004) found the following: HKLM\Software\Classes\interface\{5252ac41-94bb-11d1-b2e7-444553540000} HKLM\Software\Classes\interface\{82351440-9094-11d1-a24b-00a0c932c7df} HKLM\Software\Classes\typelib\{82351433-9094-11d1-a24b-00a0c932c7df} HKLM\Software\Classes\anigifctrl.anigif\insertable HKLM\Software\Classes\clsid\{61ab12e1-a5ff-11d1-b2e9-444553540000} HKLM\Software\Classes\clsid\{6dc82d15-92f2-11d1-a255-00a0c932c7df} HKLM\Software\Classes\clsid\{82351441-9094-11d1-a24b-00a0c932c7df} When I searched for the value “82351441” in the last line above, I also found these matches: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AniGIFCtrl.AniGIF\CLSID Value Name = (Default) Value Data = {82351441-9094-11D1-A24B-00A0C932C7DF} HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{82351441-9094-11D1-A24B-00A0C932C7DF} HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSES\AniGIFCtrl.AniGIF\CLSID Value Name = (Default) Value Data = {82351441-9094-11D1-A24B-00A0C932C7DF} Is there anything I should do about all this? Cheers, ——– Doc