Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer stops responding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 herosn3

herosn3

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

In the past , Internet Explorer would stop responding when I tried to close it. This would happen about once a week or so. I updated my Norton Security System and since I have done that I cannot close the internet without it '(Not Responding)'. I am able to move around from website to website with no problem. It is just when I go to close it down, it takes several times of mouse clicking and then it shows it is not responding. It has always closed immediately with one mouse click. Also, my Microsoft Works Task Launcher does the same not resopnding and it never did before. Is the Security interfering or something else? Do I need more memory? When my computer does it's performance scan it gives an alert that I need more memory. I also have a problem with my display. I don't know if this is the right place to discuss this or not. If it needs to go elsewhere please send it there. I have my computer sleep after 20 min, display turns off after 15 min. With other computers, I am used to the hibernation being where the CPU and the display goes into standby until I move the mouse and then they wake up. This one the display comes back on by itself and then turns off again. Sometimes, when the display is off and I move the mouse it will not respond. I have to turn off the computer by unplugging the power cords (on a power strip so it is just one flip of the switch) and then back on. Even then it is sometimes 5 min bfore the screen will come back on. On the Task bar at the bottom sometimes an error will show that the display driver failed but has recovered, other times there is no error mesage. It has been annoying but nothing that I have greatly worried about. But now it has continued and I'm wondering if maybe it is something that needs to be fixed.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:52 PM

Hi herosn3,

Sorry to be so late in responding.

It appears that your video display does use shared memory, which reduces the amount of RAM available for the operating system and other applications including your browser.

Adding more physical RAM is the easiest and generally least expensive upgrade to your machine which offers the most overall benefit to function.

However, if your machine had been functioning "just fine" and then something happened that compromised performance, you may have other options.

Consider:
  • Drive Error Correcting
  • System File Checker
  • Uninstall and reinstall or update of your video adapter driver

Keep us informed with your progress.

Best Regards,
Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 David.pc

David.pc

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

I'm not sure if there is a solution already for when IE 7 hangs and stop's responding after click the close button. I tried without add-on's and no luck. when I look at the right side search bar I saw that it was not the default search provider anymore, so I remember that I had install IEPRO, or is it IEPLUS? not sure, anyway I went to remove every search providern and made it google as default again and my problem is fix. hope it helps.

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

Hi David.pc, Posted Image

Thank you for dropping by with the answer to an old thread on this forum...

If we can help you in any way, please post a thread in the correct forum as one of our many volunteers will be only too pleased to assist you if they can.

Best regards,