This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] [Intelligent Advisor] Help! Removal Logs

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I did everything that you asked…

I actually did two scans with malwarebytes, the first one removed 31 (I think) infections and the second one found nothing.

Before doing this scan I used ATF_Cleaner as instructed. Also… I have HijackThis downloaded and ready, I did not run it yet however.

Here is my log for malwarebytes (The first one)

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.23
Database version: 996
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

8:43:22 PM 7/26/2008
mbam-log-7-26-2008 (20-43-22).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 39815
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 4 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 10
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 6

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{1037b06c-84b7-4240-8d80-485810a0497d} (Adware.Mirar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{54b287f9-fd90-4457-b65e-cb91560c021d} (Adware.Mirar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{6e4c7afc-9915-4036-b7f9-8b3f1710788f} (Adware.Mirar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{566dede9-9ed8-45da-9be6-9b2eeab17f49} (Adware.Mirar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9a9c9b68-f908-4aab-8d0c-10ea8997f37e} (Adware.Mirar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MediaHoldings (Adware.PlayMP3Z) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mirar (Adware.Mirar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PlayMP3 (Adware.PlayMP3Z) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FBrowsingAdvisor (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\fbrowsingadvisor_is1 (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
I:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
I:\Program Files\FBrowserAdvisor (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
I:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\IXPCOMEvents.xpt (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
I:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\Logo.png (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
I:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\main.db (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
I:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\unins000.dat (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
I:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\unins000.exe (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
I:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\XPCOMEvents.dll (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.



Thank you very much for your help. I hope I can get rid of this nuisance.

I also looked in a couple other threads and saw something about combofix, but I did not do anything as I know these problems can be unique.

Oh yeah I am using Internet Explorer on Win XP Pro
Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.
**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, please delete it from your desktop and download this new version . It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
——————————————————————–
  • Close any open browsers and make sure you are disconnected from the net. Unplug the cable if need be before running combofix.
  • WARNING: IF you have not already done so Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet when it starts
  • Please do not re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
——————————————————————–

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review

****Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze ****

*If there is no internet connection when Combofix has completely finished then restart your computer to restore back the connections.

Give it atleast 20-30 minutes to finish
Okay did both… here is the log for combofix

ComboFix 08-07-27.2 - Tim Jewer 2008-07-27 16:35:57.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.2213 [GMT -2.5:30]
Running from: I:\Documents and Settings\[removed]\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point
* Resident AV is active


WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED !!
.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.

I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\inst.exe
I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\YUF4YM55\interclick.com
I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\YUF4YM55\interclick.com\ud.sol
I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#interclick.com
I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#interclick.com\settings.sol

.
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-06-27 to 2008-07-27 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.

2008-07-26 20:16 . 2008-07-26 20:16 d——– I:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2008-07-26 20:16 . 2008-07-26 20:16 d——– I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-07-26 20:16 . 2008-07-26 20:16 d——– I:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-07-26 20:16 . 2008-07-23 20:09 38,472 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2008-07-26 20:16 . 2008-07-23 20:09 17,144 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2008-07-26 14:22 . 2008-03-03 14:25 5,702 –ah—– I:\WINDOWS\nod32restoretemdono.reg
2008-07-26 14:22 . 2008-03-03 18:21 568 –ah—– I:\WINDOWS\nod32fixtemdono.reg
2008-07-26 14:20 . 2008-07-26 14:20 d——– I:\Program Files\Marsu-Fix
2008-07-26 14:20 . 2008-07-26 14:20 159,847 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\Marsu-Fix Uninstaller.exe
2008-07-26 14:14 . 2008-07-26 14:14 d——– I:\Program Files\ESET
2008-07-26 14:14 . 2008-07-26 14:14 d——– I:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
2008-07-26 12:31 . 2008-07-27 16:34 d——– I:\Program Files\AdvancedTool
2008-07-26 11:58 . 2008-07-26 16:07 d——– I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\LimeWire
2008-07-26 11:57 . 2008-07-26 11:57 d——– I:\Program Files\LimeWire
2008-07-26 03:00 . 2008-07-26 03:00 d——– I:\Program Files\MSXML 6.0
2008-07-24 17:50 . 2008-07-24 17:53 d——– I:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008
2008-07-24 17:50 . 2008-07-24 17:50 d——– I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\Autodesk
2008-07-24 17:50 . 2008-07-24 18:01 d——– I:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk
2008-07-24 17:38 . 2008-07-24 17:53 d——– I:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
2008-07-24 17:38 . 2008-07-24 17:38 d——– I:\Program Files\Autodesk
2008-07-23 00:36 . 2008-07-23 00:36 d——– I:\Program Files\Sun
2008-07-22 16:06 . 2008-07-22 16:06 244 –ah—– I:\sqmnoopt08.sqm
2008-07-22 16:06 . 2008-07-22 16:06 232 –ah—– I:\sqmdata08.sqm
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:51 436,784 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\vnetlib.dll
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:51 150,064 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnat.exe
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:51 121,392 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnetdhcp.exe
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:51 50,992 -ra—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnetbridge.dll
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:51 28,592 -ra—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vmnetbridge.sys
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:52 25,136 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vmnetuserif.sys
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:52 20,912 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VMkbd.sys
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:51 17,712 -ra—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vmnet.sys
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:51 16,816 -ra—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vmnetadapter.sys
2008-07-22 01:37 . 2008-05-16 00:51 13,104 -ra—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\vnetinst.dll
2008-07-22 01:36 . 2008-07-22 01:36 d——– I:\Program Files\VMware
2008-07-22 01:36 . 2008-07-22 01:36 d——– I:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware
2008-07-20 14:38 . 2008-07-20 14:39 d——– I:\Program Files\ATMA V
2008-07-20 13:42 . 2008-07-20 13:49 d——– I:\KillerJohn's TurboT v7.00
2008-07-20 13:26 . 2008-07-20 13:26 43,520 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\CmdLineExt03.dll
2008-07-18 01:19 . 2008-07-18 01:19 16 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\RealityFusion.ini
2008-07-17 23:01 . 2008-07-17 23:01 d——– I:\Program Files\Real
2008-07-17 23:01 . 2008-07-17 23:01 d——– I:\Program Files\Common Files\Real
2008-07-17 23:00 . 2008-07-17 23:00 d——– I:\Program Files\Reality Fusion
2008-07-17 22:59 . 2008-07-17 22:59 d——– I:\Program Files\Logitech
2008-07-17 22:59 . 2008-07-17 22:59 d——– I:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech
2008-07-17 22:56 . 2001-08-17 14:05 351,616 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\OVCodek2.sys
2008-07-17 22:55 . 2004-08-04 00:56 61,952 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\kstvtune.ax
2008-07-17 22:55 . 2004-08-04 00:56 61,952 –a–c— I:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\kstvtune.ax
2008-07-17 22:55 . 2004-08-04 00:56 53,760 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\vfwwdm32.dll
2008-07-17 22:55 . 2004-08-04 00:56 53,760 –a–c— I:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\vfwwdm32.dll
2008-07-17 22:55 . 2004-08-04 00:56 43,008 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\system32\ksxbar.ax
2008-07-17 22:55 . 2004-08-04 00:56 43,008 –a–c— I:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ksxbar.ax
2008-07-05 18:54 . 2008-07-05 18:54 d——– I:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare
2008-07-02 17:20 . 2008-07-02 17:22 70,656 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\ScUnin.exe
2008-07-02 17:20 . 2008-07-02 17:22 29,101 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\scunin.dat
2008-07-02 17:20 . 2008-07-02 17:22 967 –a—— I:\WINDOWS\ScUnin.pif
2008-07-02 15:14 . 2008-07-02 15:14 d——– I:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment

.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.
2008-07-27 19:03 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\mIRC
2008-07-27 19:02 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\uTorrent
2008-07-27 19:00 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\Azureus
2008-07-27 17:54 136,888 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PnkBstrK.sys
2008-07-27 17:54 111,928 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
2008-07-27 15:10 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\mIRC
2008-07-27 02:22 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\VMware
2008-07-27 02:22 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\VMware
2008-07-27 02:22 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware
2008-07-24 20:08 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield
2008-07-22 19:17 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\Vso
2008-07-18 03:49 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield
2008-07-18 01:31 4,608 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\w95inf32.dll
2008-07-18 01:31 2,272 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\w95inf16.dll
2008-07-03 23:37 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\Azureus
2008-06-25 15:11 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\mm.BOT
2008-06-21 13:15 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\AdWords Clever Wizard
2008-06-20 17:41 245,248 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
2008-06-20 10:45 360,320 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
2008-06-20 10:44 138,368 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\afd.sys
2008-06-20 09:52 225,920 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip6.sys
2008-06-20 00:24 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\CrackersKit
2008-06-19 18:46 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\Google
2008-06-15 18:51 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\vsosdk
2008-06-15 18:09 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\DVDFab
2008-06-15 00:46 ——— d—–w I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
2008-06-15 00:44 107,888 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\CmdLineExt.dll
2008-06-15 00:29 ——— d–h–r I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\SecuROM
2008-06-14 19:51 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2008-06-14 02:29 47,360 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pcouffin.sys
2008-06-14 02:29 47,360 —-a-w I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\pcouffin.sys
2008-06-14 02:29 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\VSO
2008-06-14 02:29 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\ConvertX
2008-06-13 17:38 360,064 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TCPIP.SYS.ORIGINAL
2008-06-13 13:10 272,128 ——w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bthport.sys
2008-06-05 16:16 ——— d–h–w I:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2008-06-01 16:21 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync
2008-05-31 04:12 55,520 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VBoxDrv.sys
2008-05-31 04:12 47,584 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VBoxTAP.sys
2008-05-31 04:12 42,048 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VBoxUSBMon.sys
2008-05-28 00:33 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\Java
2008-05-28 00:32 ——— d—–w I:\Program Files\Common Files\Java
2008-05-16 02:02 219,696 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnc.dll
2008-05-07 05:18 1,287,680 —-a-w I:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
2008-04-22 22:53 22,328 —-a-w I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Application Data\PnkBstrK.sys
.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.
.
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"="I:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll" [2007-05-11 06:03 8429568]
"NvMediaCenter"="I:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll" [2007-05-11 06:03 81920]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="I:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2008-01-11 22:16 39792]
"QuickTime Task"="I:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2008-03-28 23:37 413696]
"iTunesHelper"="I:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-03-30 10:36 267048]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe" [2008-03-25 04:28 144784]
"RealTray"="I:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe" [2008-07-17 23:01 20480]
"DXM6Patch_981116"="I:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe" [1998-11-30 18:04 497376]
"vmware-tray"="I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-tray.exe" [2008-05-16 00:51 72240]
"VMware hqtray"="I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\hqtray.exe" [2008-05-16 00:51 55856]
"egui"="I:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe" [2008-03-13 16:48 1443072]
"RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE" [2007-03-21 04:19 16126464 I:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.exe]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2007-05-11 06:03 1626112 I:\WINDOWS\system32\nwiz.exe]

I:\Documents and Settings\Tim Jewer\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Gamma.lnk - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe [2005-03-16 19:16:50 113664]
MagicDisc.lnk - I:\Program Files\MagicDisc\MagicDisc.exe [2008-04-22 23:07:37 546816]

I:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Microsoft Office.lnk - I:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 01:01:04 83360]
Reality Fusion GameCam SE.lnk - I:\Program Files\Reality Fusion\Reality Fusion GameCam SE\Program\RFTRay.exe [2000-07-10 03:28:12 323584]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"I:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe"=
"I:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\PnkBstrA.exe"=
"I:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\PnkBstrB.exe"=
"I:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"I:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"=
"I:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe"=
"I:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
"J:\\Tim\\Programs\\The All-Seeing Eye\\eye.exe"=
"I:\\games\\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\\iw3mp.exe"=
"I:\\games\\Mass Effect\\Binaries\\MassEffect.exe"=
"I:\\games\\Mass Effect\\MassEffectLauncher.exe"=

R1 epfwtdir;epfwtdir;I:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\epfwtdir.sys [2008-03-13 16:52]
R1 VBoxDrv;VirtualBox Service;I:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\VBoxDrv.sys [2008-05-31 01:42]
R1 VBoxUSBMon;VirtualBox USB Monitor Driver;I:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\VBoxUSBMon.sys [2008-05-31 01:42]
R2 NMSAccessU;NMSAccessU;I:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\NMSAccessU.exe [2008-03-09 11:20]
R3 tapvpn;TAP VPN Adapter;I:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\tapvpn.sys [2008-01-23 18:55]
R3 VBoxTAP;VirtualBox TAP Adapter;I:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\VBoxTAP.sys [2008-05-31 01:42]
S2 NOD32FiXTemDono;Eset Nod32 Boot;I:\WINDOWS\system32\regedt32.exe [2004-08-04 09:30]
S3 AN983;ADMtek AN983/AN985/ADM951X 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Adapter;I:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\AN983.sys [2004-08-03 20:01]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{9eb6608a-1e86-11dd-88b7-005056c00008}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - M:\setupSNK.exe

*Newly Created Service* - CATCHME
*Newly Created Service* - PROCEXP90
.
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2008-07-25 I:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job - I:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-04-11 17:57]
.
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKLM-Run-LVCOMS - I:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMS.EXE


.
——- Supplementary Scan ——-
.
R0 -: HKCU-Main,Start Page = hxxp://ca.yahoo.com/?p=us
R1 -: HKCU-Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 125.76.226.133:80
O17 -: HKLM\CCS\Interface\{2E6D7A8F-8931-4927-820F-41E468945FB8}: NameServer = 10.9.160.1
O17 -: HKLM\CCS\Interface\{D3650E55-2228-48A8-8220-091C03D80782}: NameServer = 209.128.1.4,142.163.255.4


**************************************************************************

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-07-27 16:37:39
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes …

catchme.tmp [2536]

scanning hidden autostart entries …

scanning hidden files …

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

**************************************************************************
.
Completion time: 2008-07-27 16:38:55
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-07-27 19:08:13

Pre-Run: 34,357,768,192 bytes free
Post-Run: 34,391,924,736 bytes free

203 — E O F — 2008-07-26 05:30:55




And this one is for "HJT"

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:44:28 PM, on 7/27/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
I:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
I:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
I:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\openvpnas.exe
I:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\NMSAccessU.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Image Editing\vmount2.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnat.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnetdhcp.exe
I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-authd.exe
I:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
I:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-tray.exe
I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\hqtray.exe
I:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe
I:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
I:\PROGRA~1\Sun\XVMVIR~1\VBoxSVC.exe
I:\PROGRA~1\Sun\XVMVIR~1\VirtualBox.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
I:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
I:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ca.yahoo.com/?p=us
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 125.76.226.133:80
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE I:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE I:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "I:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "I:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "I:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] I:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXM6Patch_981116] I:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vmware-tray] I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VMware hqtray] "I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\hqtray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [egui] "I:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = I:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: MagicDisc.lnk = I:\Program Files\MagicDisc\MagicDisc.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = I:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Reality Fusion GameCam SE.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - I:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - I:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - I:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=21871
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2E6D7A8F-8931-4927-820F-41E468945FB8}: NameServer = 10.9.160.1
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D3650E55-2228-48A8-8220-091C03D80782}: NameServer = 209.128.1.4,142.163.255.4
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - I:\PROGRA~1\WI1F86~1\MESSEN~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - I:\PROGRA~1\WI1F86~1\MESSEN~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Eset HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - I:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Eset Service (ekrn) - ESET - I:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Service (HotspotShieldService) - Unknown owner - I:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\openvpnas.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NMSAccessU - Unknown owner - I:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\NMSAccessU.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - I:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: VMware Agent Service (ufad-ws60) - Unknown owner - I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-ufad.exe" -d "I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\\" -s ufad-p2v.xml (file missing)
O23 - Service: VMware Authorization Service (VMAuthdService) - VMware, Inc. - I:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-authd.exe
O23 - Service: VMware DHCP Service (VMnetDHCP) - VMware, Inc. - I:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnetdhcp.exe
O23 - Service: VMware Virtual Mount Manager Extended (vmount2) - VMware, Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Image Editing\vmount2.exe
O23 - Service: VMware NAT Service - VMware, Inc. - I:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnat.exe


I think it is resolved… it hasn't popped up for the past 5 minutes. Thank you very much LDTate!

Will post back if it pops up again but I think I am good now =)
Good job :thumbup:

  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

    • [external image: Posted Image]


    Here's my usual all clean post

    Log looks good :D


    • Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
      • From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
      • Click once on the Security tab
      • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
      • Click once on the Custom Level button.
      • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
      • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
      • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
  • Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week
    (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

  • Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer.
    Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over.
    I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients.
    Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

    For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:
    Note: I no longer suggest Zone Alarm

    Understanding and Using Firewalls

  • Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly.
    This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
    If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site
    until there are no more critical updates.

  • MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.
  • Winpatrol

  • Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly.
    Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

Only run one Anti-Virus and Firewall program.

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI