Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can renew IP but IE keeps saying 'Page can not be found'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ILoveLabs

ILoveLabs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

Our internet connection was working fine. Unfortunately, our cable line (which controls our digital cable, telephone and internet access) was struck by lightning. It was replaced...phone and TV are working fine. I am able to use the ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew successfully. Also, the radio console does indicate that we're connected to the wireless router w/ a good connnection. I also remember running the troubleshooting tool and it saying something about default gateway not being found ?? Any ideas or suggestions? We'd really appreciate it. (right now we're at the public library using their PCs) Thanks Cindy

Edited by ILoveLabs, 25 July 2008 - 09:59 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 HFCG

HFCG

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:I like historical buildings, ghost, and dogs &cats

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

Hello, While it may be that your modem is damaged, have you tried powercycling the modem/router off for 1 minute, and than back on? It sounds like your modem needs to refresh the IP address. turning it off, and on will refresh the modem, and the router will need to reconnect to the modem.

Deo gratiam habeamus
Thank you for considering a Donation to What the Tech!
The purple text in my post are links for you to click on
Computer CPUs are designed so that the address of any piece of data in virtual memory is tracked by a single integer register. So the total amount of data the computer can keep in its working field depends on the width of these registers. A 32 bit register size enables 232 addresses (4 GB) to be referenced. Switching to a 64 bit register increases the available address space to (approximately) 16 TB. This is why 32 bit operating systems can only use up to 4 GB of RAM, and 64 bit operating systems can use much more. (I have a 32 bit system)